I feel like I just won the lottery this past week!

taylorce1

Handloader
Jun 3, 2007
Being furloughed has helped as well, because I have all this time to sit at a computer or go visit LGS for stuff. Monday I stopped at the local Sportsman's Warehouse found two pounds of RL-15 and a pound of SR4759. Tuesday I was looking online I found the Lee Classic Turret Press kit at Midsouth Shooters Supply for less than $200 and all the accessories I wanted to go with it. Wednesday had a buddy give me a new set of RCBS carbide 9mm Luger dies and 1K 115 grain Berry's plated RN bullets for it. Yesterday I picked up a set of carbide .357 Mag dies, and regular .30 carbine die set and two more pounds of powder to try in my .45-70 (Accurate 5744), which looks promising to work well in my .204, .223, and 6x47 rifles. Last night I managed to snag 1K .224 caliber 50 grain SHOTS from SPS for just over $90 after my 10% military discount, and got some .277 NBT's to run in my new .270 as well.

Now if only I could snag some more small pistol primers, I have 2K on my bench right now so that will keep my wife shooting for a little while. I need to find as well some 110 grain .30 carbine bullets and Lil' Gun. However I'm still sitting on plenty of ammo for it to keep me shooting for quite some time.

I'll keep looking around but I start back to work tomorrow so less time for the search but at least I'll build up the wallet again.

Now if you find a brick of 22 LRs at $20 and not 200 you won the powerball! :mrgreen:

FOTIS":2e9k1udp said:
Now if you find a brick of 22 LRs at $20 and not 200 you won the powerball! :mrgreen:
I know what you mean! Between my daughter and my niece and nephew in 4H shooting sports they are burning through my stockpile. I'm down to about 5k rounds of .22 lr, I have people on the lookout for whatever we can get. I managed to snag an ammo can of CCI Mini Mag, 1600 rounds for seven cents a round a little over a month ago. I cringed the last time I found 325 bulk packs of Federal Auto Match for $115, even though the wife and daughter's Mosquito pistols like to eat it I'll hold out awhile longer.

taylorce1":3jb4aa4h said:
FOTIS":3jb4aa4h said:
I know what you mean! Between my daughter and my niece and nephew in 4H shooting sports they are burning through my stockpile. I'm down to about 5k rounds of .22 lr, I have people on the lookout for whatever we can get. I managed to snag an ammo can of CCI Mini Mag, 1600 rounds for seven cents a round a little over a month ago. I cringed the last time I found 325 bulk packs of Federal Auto Match for $115, even though the wife and daughter's Mosquito pistols like to eat it I'll hold out awhile longer.

See that is just absurd. (the price for the .22 rimfire)

I have about 3000 rounds purchased over the years. Actually, I haven't bought any 22 ammunition for about seven years or so. Still available in the lgs.

Hard to keep 22's on hand with the kiddos

FOTIS":g2d4rm5b said:
Hard to keep 22's on hand with the kiddos

Isn't that the truth! Even when there isn't an ammunition drought my daughter will burn through 300 rounds easy in a day at the range.

Back