I think I have had it with Cabela's

Good thing I have my degree's in engineeeeriiing, and have time to check and recheck my reports. I do to much writting to care about the spelling in forum posts. As long as I can understand some elses posts I realy don't care about the spelling so it was effective communication, right? Thanks Guys my fat two finger typing is bad I know.

I knew that Yotesmoker, You were part of that " thanks guy's" for defending me coment.

Thanks for double checking too.

Seems like last week was the last 75 degree temps for here. I just put rain X ice melt in my washer solvent today. Seems I might have frost on the windshield soon maybe this week. I like the frosty mornings for bow hunting.

jdmason480":dk1fhs2w said:
tjen":dk1fhs2w said:
Due to the moderater at cables forum deleteing any post that referances any product they do not sell (demed as compatition) I think I done with what was a longtime retailer / cutsomer relationship (28yrs). There is nothing they have I can't get else where.

Mentioning a nuway propane blind and tent stove in answer to a post on tent stoves received a complete deletion of the post and proved to me with out a shadow of a dout they have no clue what real ethics are or how to be curtious to the customers. This was far for the first time they have deleated conversations with solid engineering about some new product because it could decrease sells of just one model out of say 30-40 others they also sell. Remember Cabela's is the largest retailer of outdoor grear (so what can we discuss).

I have also seen on countless ocasions where posters that were not just rude but intentionaly use fowl languge to insult someone with a different view on a technical matter that didn't suport the newest trend. The moderator would only delete the four letter words and leave the core insulates and attacks in the posts. This because the facts on the technical issue could lower sales on that new trend or fad they are pushing to sell.

In short if Cabels dosen't sell it you can't disscuse it in a favorable light, and if they do sell it and its just a snake oil product you still can't discuss it if your exposeing it with solid engineering of scientific facts.

Cabela's standard reply "WE BELEIVE IN THE HIGHEST STANDARD OF ETHICS HERE AT CABELA'S" Thats no different than accusing someone of lieing just before you tell your biggest lie (a smoke screen). Or at the least you have to know what ethics are if you plan to follow them.

I get about six hard covered Cabela's catalogs per year, They have lost one customer here

I do apreciate forums where sportsman can discuss outdoor issues and products I view Nosler's forum as a tool not just as a privlage of us users but so Nosler can also keep track of their compitision and the needs of their custumers through their form users coments.

Big statements on my part what have you noticed lately.

Were I a mod there, I would have deleted your posts based on your atrocious spelling alone.

Not cool. :evil:
If you had a problem with his spelling there are better ways of conveying your message. We try not to hurt people on this forum..... inadvertently or not.
I did not catch this earlier.

Back