I think I've found it

RLB

Beginner
Oct 31, 2004
This is my last range session target. I think I've found my hunting load. :grin:
Load Name: 300 WSM
Bullet Mfg: Nosler
Bullet Type: Partition
Bullet Caliber: 30
Bullet Weight: 150
Ballistic Coeff: 0.387
Powder Mfg: IMR 4831
Powder Type: Extruded
Powder Weight: 70.200
Powder Lot Number:
Primer Mfg: Winchester
Primer Size: LR
Primer Type: LR Magnum
Primer Lot Number:
Case Mfg: Win
Case Length: 0.000
Case # Times Loaded: 0
Cartridge OAL: 2.885
Comparator OAL: 0.000
Av. Group size: .65
Av. Group Velocity: 3260
Cartridge Mfg Date: 10-20-05
Cartridge Lot Number: 1
Moly Coated: No
Crimped: Yes
IMR4831%2068.4-70.2.jpg

Nice group POP!! I have a Rem Sendero in 270 Win that shoots almost that good! :wink:

RLB;

If you don't mind me asking....What are you planning on using this round for?

I asked a question earlier about the 150 gr Partitions. I also have a 300 WinMag that fires them little bullets like a hot damb! (old school, not WSM).

The general consensus was that the 150 wouldn't be a wise choice for big game hunting, including Deer, due to the high velocity of the round (bullet falling apart upon impact). Most all that responded to my query favored the 180 or 200 gr bullets.

I later harvested a NICE 4x4 Mullie w/ the 180 gr Partition. All worked Just fine!!

If you're interested, here's the thread I started: http://www.noslerreloading.com/phpbb2/v ... highlight=

Not by any means trying to rain on anyone's parade. Just offering up something to think about. :wink:

Mr Dean, whitetail deer. The deer here in florida are about the size of german shepards. I've killed several deer with this set up, all complete pass thru's and the exit holes big enough to stick my fist into. Even a head shot on a 200# hog several years ago. You could look thru the hogs head and see out the other side! Now I'd perfer a 165 AB, but since Nosler dosent make that one yet, I'll just have to stick with the 150 partitions. If I was going after Elk, 180 AB would be my bullet if I could get it to group. Thanks guys for the comments. Rudy. (and plus I had an extra box of bullets on hand)

For deer I reccomend the 165 g Nosler Ballistic Tips. I have already posted how well they have performed, but if you have had success with this load go for it.

The 165 BT just hold together better than the Partition in 150. Probably because of the velocity the 150 was designed for.

My 165g are travelling a little faster and always fall inside of a half inch.

In a side note I believe that is about the best accuracy I have seen out of a Partition.

Back