I will never own a rifle chambered in........

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
.................fill in the blank and why. Just for fun. :lol:

I may get beat up for this but here goes.......270! I figure my 7x57, .280 and 7mm-08 can cover anything a .270 does and I have more bullet weights to choose from. I think if Jack would have not written about the .270 as much or if the .280 were introduced instead and Jack wrote about it, we probably wouldn't see many in the field today.

I would have to say probably one of the 17s actually any 17 rim or centerfire I just like a little bigger projectile

now if I ever had more money than I knew what to do with I could justify one for p dogs until then I will shoot my 204

30-06... don't ask me why, the only reason I have ever been able to come up with is....... I just don't want one.

22 hornet or um :oops: 308 marlin. Sorry marlin guys, just my taste. I like the clip fed lever 308's, so it would have to be almost free before one is found in my safe.

JT.

any centerfire under .22 if it is not legal to hunt deer, bear, cougar. i don't need one

17-06? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most "new cartridges" that are ballistically regurgetated and repackaged marketing ploys, based on an obscure parent case and beat the crap outta ya at the recieveing end because the rifle weighs 5.8 lbs and has a 16-18" barrel.

My 0.02!! 8)

Rod

30-30! It does absolutely nothing for me, and the lever rifles feel as good as rolling down a cedar bark pile naked after running a marathon.

7.62x39-do I really need to explain?

.50 BMG- too much $, too few uses.

There are some other cartridges that could make the list, but after considering the rifle it may be attached to... :?:

That is a touch question, I don't have a lot of complaints about owning any of them, especially if it lets me go shooting. But if I had to pick it would anything less than .22.

Corey

Blacktailhunter,

Enquiring minds want to know how, you know how the cedar bark pile feels? Then again maybe not..... :shock:

Hmm....

Rod

wsm and 270win no use for them, 17's and the lowly 243, i know my kid has one but i didnt buy it for him.

I learned long ago to never say never. That said I do not like any of the 270 just for personal reasons. I have passed on good deals for guns in that chambering. I do not have a 17RF as the cost of the ammo and I prefer to load my own .....but you never know
I hate lever actions as I cannot work them well and the narrow steel buttplate kicks too much for what they are..............Yet a lever 30-30 somehow found its way into my safe. Never say never

I will probably never buy a gun that is too pretty, or too expensive to shoot. For that reason I don't like collectors editions.

Well, if I were to name one, it would be 7mm RemMag, but it seems there are two of them in my safe!

Back