If I Could Add One Rifle to My Safe...

Dr Mike:

It is the bean counters that run Remington.!

Amen! And to our detriment as a fraternity of shooters.

DrMike
The T-Rex in california is finding an animal worth shooting when 16,000,000 people live here and 250,000 hunt. If you even see a legal animal you better be able to shoot 600+ yards with a bangflop caliber or you're going to be squabbling with the other 150 hunters between you and the animal you shot at.. You left because of that and I sure know why :grin:
Greg
Do they need any telephone technicians where you are?? :shock:

Greg,

Actually, when I read the article Dubyam posted, it is a very intriguing calibre. One thing is certain, it would be a real thumper.

Maybe there is room for some more telephone techs up here. Can't say who is hiring, but we have Telus, Shaw cable, Rogers (AT&T) and Bell in this area. Moreover, this Peace Region has a rather sizable complement of expat Americans. It is redneck country for certain, and that is comfortable. We are still growing due to oil, gas, diamond and coal mining.

One thing is certain, it is still possible to find hunting where I'm not camping on someone within 30 minutes of town. That is nice. Within an hour, I'm in the mountains and I can get lost for certain. Within three hours, I can find mountain goat, bighorn sheep, Dalls sheep, grizzly, black bear, elk, moose, mule deer, whitetail, caribou, cougar, wolverine, wolf and a host of birds. There is really not much need to compete with anyone for that. I am glad I am here.

Opening day of moose (August 15), I intend to be on zipper mouth creek with my dentist (whom I'll take in blindfolded) and the sergeant in charge of the local highway patrol. We should have pretty much the entire vast area to ourselves.

a tc encore that closes reliably every time, unlike mine :x

or a 416 ruger hawkeye alaskan, witha pachmyer decelerator pad loaded with 325grain accubonds(wish i had all that)

Greg Nolan":34xzzi7z said:
Eureka! I've found it :grin:

358 BOS MAGNUM
Nominal performance:
225 gr. bullet. Muzzle Velocity 3700 FPS. Muzzle Energy 6843 FPE.
Based on the 378 WBY.
Any Ideas???

Elkhunt :grin:

Greg,

Contact Rob Canze at Williams Gun Sight in Davison, MI 810 653 2131.
Rob knows how to fit a pipe and make it shoot!

JD338

Back