I'm in love....

lefty315

Handloader
Sep 29, 2004
And no this post doesn't belong elsewhere. I recently picked up that No 1 RSI IN 6.5x55 and put a 1-4x20 older Leupold with the German #1 reticle on it. I finally got to the range this afternoon. I bore sighted the rifle and fired two shots at 25 yards. Right on the money so I immediately went to 100 yards and fired these two shots.

[attachment=2]image.jpeg[/attachment]

Then there were four....

[attachment=1]image.jpeg[/attachment]

Made a little scope adjustment and fired one more shot, since I'm using a 6 o'clock hold on the orange dot.

[attachment=0]image.jpeg[/attachment]

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,404
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,404
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,404
And apparently I can shoot better than I can post pictures! Rotate them 90° clockwise and reverse the order that you look at them and they are correct.

If you haven't had the chance to shoot with the German #1 reticle, try it if you can. I was extremely impressed how I could hold such a precise aiming point with just 4X on the scope.

Excellent. It is always gratifying to see our loads come together so nicely.

Funny thing about that Dr Mike. These were shot with an old box of PMC 139 grain soft points that came from my Granddads stash. First shots out of the rifle.

I've had very good success with PMC ammunition in years past. I had quite a bit of 7mm RM PMC brass that was excellent. I should have sought out some more for my loads, but I shifted to other brass. I was favourably impressed with PMC components.

Back