Imagination Time.

Darn, If the estate had allowed it, I would still have almost $7K to squander by all of you enablers. Yes DrMike this does include you!

Moi? You accuse moi of enabling? Keith! How could you? And may I suggest that with your $20,000 that you need... :mrgreen:

DrMike, I must disagree on your earlier decision in regards to not allowing the exception. It would actually allow me to save up more $$ go on a more extravagant hunt with even more firepower than what I presently have. (y) For example, my largest bore rifle is a .280 Remington so that eliminates hunting anything above elk, moose or black bear. :cry:
Keith

Wis65x55":fq4kjjg2 said:
My largest bore rifle is a .280 Remington so that eliminates hunting anything above elk, moose or black bear. :cry:
Keith

If I had only one rifle (perish the thought), it would likely be a .280. It punches far above its weight. Put the bullet where it belongs, and it will drop most anything that walks on this earth.

DrMike":28gka1qv said:
Wis65x55":28gka1qv said:
My largest bore rifle is a .280 Remington so that eliminates hunting anything above elk, moose or black bear. :cry:
Keith

If I had only one rifle (perish the thought), it would likely be a .280. It punches far above its weight. Put the bullet where it belongs, and it will drop most anything that walks on this earth.

Indeed.

The 7X57, a lesser cartridge than the .280, has taken the largest animals on earth.

super 7

Sir:

A friend of my mother ask her for information relating to a hunt that would cost 25000. I know this is a little more than you mentioned and the 25000 does not include travel expenses. Since I just ran the numbers down for her, I thought I would share them with you sir.

You can hunt Marco Polo in Kyrgyzstan for approx 25000 but it will cost you 10000 to 15000 dollars more to hunt them in Tajikistan.

Buffalo and a couple of nice plains game animals in Africa

Red Stag, Chamois, Tahr combination hunt in New Zealand

Brown Bear, Moose, Caribou and Black Bear or Wolf combo hunt in Alaska

Since you live in Canada this may be different for you but for a foreigner the Dall or Stone hunt

Same with Polar Bear, I do not know what it would cost you to hunt them since you are a Canadian citizen but you do get to keep the trophy, as Americans can not.

Europe is wide open and there are several very nice hunts available in several different countries. I always enjoyed Austria, as the hunting properties are beautiful and the accommodations whether in an old castle or hunting lodges are just outstanding. If your wife does not hunt and she was going to accompany you on the trip, Europe offers many places and sights for her to enjoy either while your hunting or together after the hunt

Argentina has the best of both worlds if you like to big game hunt and wing shoot. You can hunt the Red Stag in Argentina and dove hunt until your arm falls off for 10000. Argentina has a variety of big game animals ( 15 from memory ) and one of their other ( or two or three ) big game animals could be added to the hunt and you would still be under 25000

Best Regards

Jamila

Jamila,

You have once again opened my eyes to more possibilities.
Thank you dear lady.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Without a doubt I'd go to Africa. I'd just keep shootin' til the $$$ ran out. It probably wouldn't take very long when you consider the cost of hunting any of the dangerous game animals.
Couldn't your uncle have been a little more considerate and left you enough money so you wouldn't have to scrimp?

1100 Remington Man":3e9ru4w4 said:
I have no desire to leave North America. ........
Same for me. I would probably go on a archery elk hunt in New Mexico. I love the Rockies in Colorado and Wyoming, but not sure that I could handle a week to ten days chasing elk up and down ridges at 10,000-12,000 feet anymore.

I would go for a Apache reservation hunt for big elk in Arizona, if I had that kind of money for hunting.

Africa Huntress":cjvumtux said:
super 7

Sir:

A friend of my mother ask her for information relating to a hunt that would cost 25000. I know this is a little more than you mentioned and the 25000 does not include travel expenses. Since I just ran the numbers down for her, I thought I would share them with you sir.

You can hunt Marco Polo in Kyrgyzstan for approx 25000 but it will cost you 10000 to 15000 dollars more to hunt them in Tajikistan.

Buffalo and a couple of nice plains game animals in Africa

Red Stag, Chamois, Tahr combination hunt in New Zealand

Brown Bear, Moose, Caribou and Black Bear or Wolf combo hunt in Alaska

Since you live in Canada this may be different for you but for a foreigner the Dall or Stone hunt

Same with Polar Bear, I do not know what it would cost you to hunt them since you are a Canadian citizen but you do get to keep the trophy, as Americans can not.

Europe is wide open and there are several very nice hunts available in several different countries. I always enjoyed Austria, as the hunting properties are beautiful and the accommodations whether in an old castle or hunting lodges are just outstanding. If your wife does not hunt and she was going to accompany you on the trip, Europe offers many places and sights for her to enjoy either while your hunting or together after the hunt

Argentina has the best of both worlds if you like to big game hunt and wing shoot. You can hunt the Red Stag in Argentina and dove hunt until your arm falls off for 10000. Argentina has a variety of big game animals ( 15 from memory ) and one of their other ( or two or three ) big game animals could be added to the hunt and you would still be under 25000

Best Regards

Jamila

Thaks for that ! That's quite a list with some spectacular hunts.
Here in Canada being a citizen doesn't mean much as province by province( or territory) for residency. My dads good friend done a Dall sheep hunt in the Yukon 2 yrs ago when the Canadian dollar was on par with the American it cost him just under $40,000 .
One of my best friends his wife has family that guide in the Yukon he could host someone for moose but sheep are under different rules.
If I ever did come into some money I would love to do a plains game hunt in Afirca..
Who am I kidding I could hunt anywhere and enjoy it!!!

If I was to inherit that $20,000.00. I would be off to the Yukon for my first bull Moose, I would sure like to pick up DrMike on the way as he has a great success rate on bulls. But in the Yukon that bull would have to be at least 60"s (y).

PS. Welcome to the forum zacii, I am sure you are going to enjoy this place. There is lots of knowledge and people here are just plain good folks. Wondering do you own a 35 Whelen yet :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

Back