Interesting Ruger 10/22

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
A bit over 20 years ago I bought this cool Ruger 10/22 for my oldest son. He still enjoys the heck out of it. Reasonably accurate and lots of fun.

VSNud22h.jpg

No modifications to it. The rifle came with the greenish laminate full-length stock and the Simmons 3-9x scope. For some reason, the barrel was a tad loose when I bought it, leading to some malfunctions. Took me about 10 minutes to solve that little problem, and it's been good to go ever since.

Was nice to see it again today.

Guy

Wow, a Mannlicher stocked 10/22 and in a laminate. Don't know if I ever seen 1.

10/22's are a great rifle. Really good design in my opinion. I'd sure let that 1 the way it is, but lots of aftermarket parts available for the plain jane models that can step them up to another level.

Very handsome. That would be quite desirable for most firearm lovers.

An uncle of mine had one in the States. According to him there had been some type of relationship between Bill Ruger and the President of K-Mart???, if memory serves correctly, and they had done some special edition 10/22's including a stainless RSI with a pepper laminated stock. I have wanted one ever since I saw his some 20+ years ago.
I believe that Lipsey's or one of the the other Dealers in the US that does the limited production rifles has also done the same configuration in the past few years too (can't recall exact year or dealer).
I did finally get a nice wood/stainless RSI 10/22 (not sure if it is a Lipsey's edition or not)that has some really nice finish on it and am enjoying it. I know that DrMike has been trying to wrangle that out of me since I bought it, but the wife is adamant that it is on the Never Sell List!
The 10/22 has to be one of the most fun guns a person can own!

I have a custom 10/22 takedown with an integral suppressor. Ruger really hit on something with their little .22 semi auto.

Beautiful rifle Guy.
The Green Machine Jr.

JD338

Those Manlicher style stocks are the only good looking 10/22 IMHO. your sons is as well. A friend has one in walnut and stainless... Very attractive. Nice that your son still has it. I now peruse the racks looking for an old Glenfield with the squirrels embossed on the stock. Sold my first...for a High Standard- "sport king" rifle. Sold that to make a payment on the wifes engagement ring :) YEARS ago. Shes still around, but that High Standard was purty too. Any way, nice that he still has a very handsome functional rifle, from you...CL

Back