Is reloading a dying past time?

I just got into reloading a few years ago and its a good thing because i shoot alot of 223,243, and 308. Reloading for the 300 RUM is worth it in itself!!! Has anyone seen the price of factory 300 RUM :shock:

Woodycreek":x5nurvzn said:
I just got into reloading a few years ago and its a good thing because i shoot alot of 223,243, and 308. Reloading for the 300 RUM is worth it in itself!!! Has anyone seen the price of factory 300 RUM :shock:

The last time I was at Gander Mtn, Remington 338 RUM ammo had several price tags on it, torn end flaps on the boxes, and cruddy cases from people handling the shells, price was $99.99 per box! :shock:

I love Nosler seconds. :grin:

JD338

I think the opposite. For example due to the up turn in ammo prices I have helped two guys at work get started and two more that wanna learn.

Gander Mt. can eat my shorts... Hiway robbery.. Support local like 257 Ack said, Gunstop in the west metro kicks butt.. In the Grand Rapids MI area there is Daves Radiator shop and reloading stuff... Here in Fargo, I got Scheels (yes they are local here) and they get me almost anything I need or want). Spend it locally when you can, have em order it if they dont have it... Or we can look fwds to the corporate creed that Gander Mt and Walmart subscribe to...

Rod

wal mart prices things very competitve where as Gander MTN I guess wants you to take your business elsewhere. Yes scheels is good as well.

If hand loading is a dying past-time, why are manufacturers of components having such a hard time keeping up with demand? It looks very much like a lively past-time at this point, and growing more lively all the time!

Back