Is the copper the same in the Accubond vs the Partition

ehunter

Beginner
Mar 16, 2009
The reason I ask is that I am getting a bad cooper fouling with the AccuBond but so far its not near the same with the Partition? Its only in one of my rifles and I have cleaned and cleaned. I can shoot 10 or 12 Accubonds and the accuracy starts to drop yet I can shoot almost 20 rounds of Partition before I notice any thing? 30-06

ehunter

Nosler uses the same jacket material in the AB and PT. You may want to try some JB Bore Paste to smooth out your barrel.

What are you shooting and how many rounds have you shot through your rifle?

JD338

I am shooting a Winchester FW classic 06. I have used JB paste on this gun its possible that after all of my first work was done with the AccuBond and cleaning and JB paste it improved it enough that when I used the Partition it was more smooth? That is a possible, I was just wondering if the AccuBond was softer I have heard it is more of a glide what ever that means?

Now you got me puzzled. I've noticed that the copper fouling on BT/AB's does seem to increase once you get above about 3k fps. Where you are using the same load, the only other difference I can think of is the AccuBond has a copper base, and the Partition has an exposed lead base...

I will take out some partitions this week and some accubonds and give them each a go and check it again.

ehunter":3k0manqd said:
I will take out some partitions this week and some accubonds and give them each a go and check it again.

I would lap the barrel again with JB Bore Paste, clean it up and then retest.
I think you are going to find that the barrel just needs to be smoothed out. Once you get it there, cleaning will be a snap.

JD338

Interesting post.
I have never noticed any loss of accuracy with A/Bs but I havn't really checked the barrel that much. I see a copper sheen after 25 or more rounds but figured it was normal. CRC or Butches's bore shine usually takes it away. It's not like the Barnes X did. I'll start watching closer on my loads for copper fouling. Thank You for the heads up! I havn't used the Partition since the AccuBond came out.
Good Hunting
Elkhunt :grin:

Thanks guys I have to do a major clean with that gun. I mean foam bore ans sweets to get the copper out. I will JB it some more and check it again I am thinking its a rough barrel but I never noticed it being this bad when I was shooting the green box core lock. Last year I put in Honrady SST for antelope and did not notice the copper problem either of course I was not reloading and was not so smart :oops:

Back