It took 4 years, but I got one.

jtoews80

Handloader
May 19, 2007
4 years ago, I sold a very nice 7mm Rem mag, Sako 75 SS/syn to my brother to pay for a honeymoon. Now I won't say I regret that, but I did miss that rifle and have looked for one for the past 2 years, especially after shooting it again a couple times in 07 or 08.

So, I sold my AR(dang things are range use only here :evil:, might get another m305/red m14 that is useful ) and bought one that had been recalled and had a new barrel installed on it. It's still new in box, but was recalled by Sako. It'll be shipped as soon as my payment makes it to the store on monday and probably be friday of next week before it's here.

Now I've had or have a few other rifles that handle very well & shoot very accurately, but very few, besides the weatherbys are in that class of rifle.

And it's a 7mm Rem, not as potent as the STW or 30-378, but a great hunting caliber. Such a great caliber that my wife can use it.

JT

For sure, you want to use diplomatic language when speaking of what was sacrificed for your bride. However, a 7 mm RM is always a fine addition to any collection of rifles. You know what you are getting with the Sako, and it is undoubtedly with anticipation that you await the delivery. Congratulations.

Good for you. I had a 75 (7mm) in stainless and wood. A beautiful rifle and a great shooter. Barrel was good etc...but I got the itch for a 7m08 and so it was traded. It is one of a few guns I regret not keeping and just saving up for another year or two to have the cash.

Long

Here it is.

IMG_5374.jpg

That is a VX III 4.5-14X40 AO on Sako high rings. Might have to ge shorter rings as it looks like it's on stilts, but it still comes up really nice.

JT.

jtoews80

Nice rifle, congratulations.
Now you need to get a picture of Mrs. jtoews80 shooting the Sako.:wink:

JD338

Life is a series of choices as we surrender one privilege to secure another which is valued more. I tend to lean more to the Sako, but should I ever move back to the States, I'll have an AR, for certain.

I love those guns man! I had 5 of them I think. Get lower rings!!!!!!

7 Mag... I always wanted one of those. Maybe someday. Yeah! get some low ring. Is that scope 30MM or 1 inch? I have a 1 inch medium Leupold ring here somewhere. I bought it for my AIII. Does it fit the Model 75?

Back