Jack O’Connor would smile.

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
It’s not a Model 70, just a box store Savage 111 in 270 with a Nikon scope but it did well this evening.
I think this 130 Grain AccuBond load may be worth a try when deer season gets here this fall.
I realize this is just luck but .27” with 5 shots has got to be one of this old fart’s best groups ever.
Another plus is this is with a clean barrel.
Out here where it rains a lot, a patch or two down the barrel after a day out is needed so this is a bonus.
f19440ed5a9e3d09eafaded487a50b16.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Jack would indeed smile. Don’t think I would change a thing about that load.

Good shooting. That AB will be the ticket this fall. My grandson used 56.5 grs IMR4831 with the 130 AB last year and it performed well. Dan.

Indeed, a load and a rifle to make the most jaded gun crank smile. Fine riflery.

Well done Alderman. If you get a fancy rest like the benchrest shooter's use, you stand a chance of lifting some of the baubles they shoot for in 1,000 yard comp.

Kevin

cha":1p2mscs5 said:
Well done Alderman. If you get a fancy rest like the benchrest shooter's use, you stand a chance of lifting some of the baubles they shoot for in 1,000 yard comp.

Kevin
That 1000 yard stuff impresses me. Really have never done much distance stuff. Used to shoot milk jugs with the 264 Mag at 400 and thought that was kind of neat. Still happy to put three in an inch at 100 on occasion. Some days just lucky to get them all on paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Shooting. The H4831 I think performs great in the 06 cartridges. I get similar results in 30-06 with 150 grn AB

Nice shooting. A piece of black plastic electrical tape over the end of the barrel will keep all that rain out without affecting a shot. Ask me how I know.

$h*t- Not in a hundred years or a hundred rounds could I do that.... :roll: I would unashamedly frame that target. Nice! CL

I know that there aren't a lot of people who respect Savage package guns, but I'm a huge fan of their rifles and scope combos.
That's outstanding accuracy! That's definitely a keeper of a rifle.
I used to have way back in the late 80's, the Savage 110 GXP3 7mm Rem Mag, Bushnell Banner 3-9x38mm scoped combo. It would shoot .75 inch groups all day long with 175 gr Federal Red Box ammo.
Those of us who know Savage rifles, tend to adore them, not for their looks, but for the amount of accuracy they can produce.
Bravo for getting the, I'm betting, the Savage 111 Trophy Hunter XP combo.
Congratulations on that group!

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

DANG! you better write that load down and lock it away with the Colonel's 11 secret herbs and spices! Fine shooting!

Holy smokes, luck or no luck that is an incredible 5 shot group. H4831 does well in my 700 CDL in 25-06.

Back