Jackpot!

shoots_5

Handloader
May 15, 2009
Got an amazing hook up from a neighbor to attend a friends and family sale at Leupold where they were selling products that were blemished or had been used at trade shows. Got there 3 hours early to make sure I wasn't at the back of the line....they were letting employees in only at the time but I was first in line for non employees. Anyway, long story short, they took pity on me and let me in early after the employees went through! Was limited to 2 optics purchases, much to the relief of my wife.... I was hoping to get a gold ring spotting scope but they didn't have any. Had to settle for a pair of Mark 4 6.5-20x50 M5 first focal plane scopes that retail for $1700 for $575 a piece! Couldn't believe it....I would have maxed out every credit card I have if they would have let me! Also got a couple of shirts, a new hat and a calendar. Pretty awesome day! One scope has a tiny little mark on the objective glass, took me awhile to find it, the other has a few marks in the finish on the tube. I figure now I don't have to cringe when I put a mark in them!

Attachments

• IMAG0385.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 1,604
  • IMAG0386.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 1,604
  • IMAG0387.jpg
    639.8 KB · Views: 1,604
  • IMAG0388.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 1,604
Nice! I figure this is a waste of time, but if you want to get rid of one...

:)

(I gotta get better friends, ones that work at Leupy...)

I've been searching for a friend that works there for a long time....finally found a friend of a friend, guess that's good enough! Sorry, going to keep both. Before I found out I was limited to 2 I was planning on making some deals here though!

That is one heck of a deal. Good on you buddy.

JD338

No doubt man!

Makes you wonder what their mark up is? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I just luv it when someone gets a great deal like that!!!!
It makes the day exciting for everyone! :mrgreen:
Thanks for sharing that.

If it makes you feel better, this kind of deal never happens to me....my Dad seems to always stumble his way into these amazing deals, but I think this one has to be my best to date! I cried inside though when I talked to my neighbor that got me the pass, who went there after me, and asked him what he picked up and he only got one scope....and the lady at check out even asked him if he wanted to call someone who might want to use the other optics purchase on his pass and he said no that's ok. Don't think he realized the rare and unbelievable opportunity he had.... I heard some of the employees talking and I think the last time they did a sale like this was 4-5 years ago.

Headed out tomorrow to go sight in my 22-250 after mounting one of the scopes up on it and to do some load testing. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to leave the vortex 4-16 PST on my .338LM or replace it with the other 6.5-20 mark 4. I'm leaning towards leaving it as I've been happy with it so far, but the extra magnification would probably be nice out past 1000 yards when I start tying to shoot that far. Good to have decisions I guess! :grin:

actually i think the ffps are retailing closer to 2k so you did get the deal of the century good work. would love to hear how well they track from zero to max elevation on paper and a box test as well if you do one please let us know.

Sometimes I dream that I am finding money on the ground, and of course I am busy picking it up and stuffing my pockets. I guess now I'll start having dreams about this sort of thing...

Back