Jeep Wrangler hunting vehicle

Elkman":2iwoo1tn said:
Guy

Great picture as always, it it normal for you to have been able to drive to that spot at this time of the year? How about sn\ow amounts. That jeep is going to be great in Oregon, my 4 Wheeler is crowded with two.

No. Normally I couldn't have reached that spot, this early in the year. Bad drought this year. Very light snow pack... :(

Guy

SJB358":10v3xza8 said:
BK":10v3xza8 said:
The place I used to work had an FJ. I can see the appeal, but for me, as a pretty tall guy, it just didn't work. Trying to see traffic lights in town quickly became a literal pain in the neck.

You should have seen me jammed up in my old 77 CJ5 Kurt.... I did love that Jeep though.

I had a '79 CJ5 before i bought my '84 CJ7, so I know what you're talking about, since I'm a wee bit taller but significantly larger than you, Scotty. I didn't have a pair of Levi's that still had the left back pocket intact due to the curve that sticks up in the doorframe.

BK":3lkcw6u5 said:
SJB358":3lkcw6u5 said:
BK":3lkcw6u5 said:
The place I used to work had an FJ. I can see the appeal, but for me, as a pretty tall guy, it just didn't work. Trying to see traffic lights in town quickly became a literal pain in the neck.

You should have seen me jammed up in my old 77 CJ5 Kurt.... I did love that Jeep though.

I had a '79 CJ5 before i bought my '84 CJ7, so I know what you're talking about, since I'm a wee bit taller but significantly larger than you, Scotty. I didn't have a pair of Levi's that still had the left back pocket intact due to the curve that sticks up in the doorframe.

Oh yeah, I know the spot your talking about. I actually used the lapbelts from a CH46 for the seatbelts in that Jeep. It was a cool rig

Up in the hills recently... Top & doors removed. Ready for a couple of pretty interesting 4x4 adventures in the next few weeks. Going to see some of the Northwest!

Thanks Guy and Scotty you guys are evil!!! You really pushed me over the edge after reading this thread over and over!!!

Now I just need to Just Empty Every Pocket!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    703.6 KB · Views: 4,599
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    852.2 KB · Views: 4,599
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,599
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4,599
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4,599
Oh, dear, and now Jake will become an enabler focused on Jeeps! :grin: Oh, well, if it's not one thing it's another. (y)

DrMike":38sdyvhe said:
Oh, dear, and now Jake will become an enabler focused on Jeeps! :grin: Oh, well, if it's not one thing it's another. (y)

I warned him. Jeeps were a hobby for a long time that I have tried to kick. They are sometimes worse than M70's....

Now, hauling a Model 70 to the hunting field, in a Jeep... That's pretty good stuff... (y)

Guy Miner":2apquu7c said:
Now, hauling a Model 70 to the hunting field, in a Jeep... That's pretty good stuff... (y)

I agree. Happiness is a storage area full of elk!

You guys are horrible. Yes an M70 will ride in a jeep to chase pronghorn. Yes Guy I do believe I broke it in properly.

Oldest son and I hit the local Jeep trails with some good friends yesterday. Same area where I've hunted mule deer. Good fun. Cascades are mighty dry!

My son and his very well built 1998 Cherokee:

View from the top:

This is one of those places where I was truly glad to have a short wheelbase Jeep. If I'd taken the old Dodge pickup, it would have sustained considerable body damage - if it was able to make the climb to the top at all. Great fun!

Regards, Guy

Thanks Scotty! To get traction and a good ride over the bumpy stuff I was down at 10.5 PSI in each tire... I rarely go that low. Gives an indication of how serious I considered these trails to be...

Used the rear locker several times and the front locker once. Lockers are like cheating! (y)

Guy

Guy Miner":394m5dub said:
Thanks Scotty! To get traction and a good ride over the bumpy stuff I was down at 10.5 PSI in each tire... I rarely go that low. Gives an indication of how serious I considered these trails to be...

Used the rear locker several times and the front locker once. Lockers are like cheating! (y)

Guy

You aren't kidding Guy! Being locked up front and rear makes it feel like you can climb walls.

Out of curiosity which Jeep models should a guy who loves hunting be looking at? I'm not into extreme 4x4 ing but do need to use it sometimes on some logging roads.

Cherokee or Wrangler will work just fine a buddy of mine picked a Cherokee Sport a couple years ago 4 doors and infected me with this bug. Now I'm a sad enablee of him. Just had to wait to make it work. Besides going to work I was beating the crap out of my truck and I needed something else!

Back