Join the 6.5mm club!

6mm Remington":4efjkruf said:
Woodycreek":4efjkruf said:
6.5 RUM :idea: I think the 6.5-06AI would be just fine for deer and big bad long range steel :lol:
But have yet to give up on the idea of the 6-06AI.
I should start the 6mm Club :lol:

You know you can count on me in the 6mm club! :lol: :p I do believe I'm already there as my son has two 6mm's, a Ruger MKII and a Remington Model 600 Centennial. I have a Ruger #1B so we are in. Woodycreek you are a bad influence as I have always contemplated building a 6mm-06 and thought what a neat round that would be and simple to form by just necking down 25-06 cases.

I really like the idea of both the 6mm-06AI and the 6.5-06AI. And I knew I could count on you as the first
Member of the 6mm club. :lol:

6.5X57AIR
albeit, it wears a different scope and rings now
100_3124-1.jpg

Dave

Dave,

Nice looking Encore! What exactly is the 6.5X57AIR?
Can you post a picture of the round?

JD338

You guys suck. I'm now scouring gunbroker.com and gunsamerica.com looking for a twin to Scotty's rifle. :eek:

I know there is an M70 264WM at the Hamburg Pa store. Heard it from a little birdy! Scotty

BK":1zc1sr97 said:
You guys suck. I'm now scouring gunbroker.com and gunsamerica.com looking for a twin to Scotty's rifle. :eek:

Seems to me you are the one with an inventory of scopes. When you do this, ya just have to buy rifles to mount them on. :mrgreen:
Early congrats on your soon to be new 264 WM. Welcome to the club. :grin:

JD338

Dang, you guys know me too well!

Actually, I'm not exactly sure on my gun to scope ratio right now. I have a stack of bare rifles, but I also have a pile of unmounted scopes. Plus, a pile of Talley LWs and Leupold DDs.

Man, I gotta quit buying toys for myself! I have to get Nolan set up with a couple of rifles and a shotgun... he's gonna be hunting in only about 10 more years! :roll:

Well I must sadly confess that someone Godfathered me. He made me an offer I could not refuse.

So currently I am 6.5mm--less.

Not to worry I have something up my sleeve to compensate! :roll: :wink:

POP":3alecfhw said:
Well I must sadly confess that someone Godfathered me. He made me an offer I could not refuse.

You always do! :mrgreen:
Can't wait to hear about the new one. :grin:

JD338

JD338":1xodny53 said:
POP":1xodny53 said:

JD338

All in good fun.

Jim, you particularly will love this one!

POP":3o8xe9bo said:
JD338":3o8xe9bo said:
POP":3o8xe9bo said:

JD338

All in good fun.

Jim, you particularly will love this one!

Why am I thinking a 6.5mm Rem Mag. Second guess is a 280 AI.

JD338

It is right up your alley!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Answer tomorrow! With pictures! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

JD338":1m1dsfsh said:
Seems to me you are the one with an inventory of scopes. When you do this, ya just have to buy rifles to mount them on. :mrgreen:

Awright, being stuck in a hotel room lets me get away with stuff that I would normally consider horribly dorky, like setting up an Excel spreadsheet for my scopes and rifles. The verdict is, if/when I buy a .264, I'll need some more glass, along with a couple of megascopes (probably 6.5-20x50 Conquests) for my .204 and HB .220 Swift, and an LR scope for my Wizzum Coyote. (Hmm, that "Wizzum Coyote" thing sounded better in my head than it looks on screen.)

Pop, it always interests me when you change directions, gun-wise. Can't wait to see what it is.

JD338":2zhy1yht said:
Dave,

Nice looking Encore! What exactly is the 6.5X57AIR?
Can you post a picture of the round?

JD338

Thanks JD.
Ackley Improved Rimmed
Pretty simple really,,I just use Redding 6.5x257Rob. AI dies.
Parent case is Norma's 7x57R. I also have a rimless extractor, should I want to use rimless 7x57 brass or even neck up .257Rob brass.
It does rather well in the 17" barrel, doing 2750- 2800 fps with the Nolser 125gr Partition, and sub 1/2 moa.
100_4242.jpg

Dave

[/quote]

Thanks JD.
Ackley Improved Rimmed
Pretty simple really,,I just use Redding 6.5x257Rob. AI dies.
Parent case is Norma's 7x57R. I also have a rimless extractor, should I want to use rimless 7x57 brass or even neck up .257Rob brass.
It does rather well in the 17" barrel, doing 2750- 2800 fps with the Nolser 125gr Partition, and sub 1/2 moa.
100_4242.jpg

Dave[/quote]

Dave, that is very impressive! Very cool looking round! A 125gr PT at 2700 is pretty darn quick. Scotty

Back