Join the 6.5mm club!

WI Teacher,

The Grendel looks like an interesting case. Have you done much shooting with this yet?

Man, that 7AM is pretty darned serious! Wow, that bullet looks like a grain of rice on top of that cavernous case! Thanks for the pictures RR! Scotty

100_2474.jpg

I have not shot much at all in the last few months. I am changing gun clubs, finishing school, applying for jobs, and moving. The 8 shots I took were covered with a quarter from 50 yards. These shots were to test the function of the rifle and I was not shooting off the best rest. I finished building the rifle this winter.

Woodycreek":20y38fdi said:
You guys got me thinking about building a 6.5-06AI instead of the 6mm-06AI!

Oh man- I knew his would get inside your head a little! Scotty

Well got word the word that my M673 6.5 mm Rem Mag is on the way. I will have her home next week.
Mounting a Vari X III 2.5-8x36mm with M1 dials and will start load developmwnt with the 120 gr BT.

JD338

Show us the pictures! :lol: 6.5 Remington magnum is a pretty cool cartridge. Remington just goofed up bringing it out in the Model 600 with the 18.5 inch barrel. My son Jeff now has my 600 in 6mm Remington and that thing BARKS! I cannot imagine what a flame thrower it would have been in 6.5 magnum....WOW!

What is the barrel length on the rifle you have coming????

The M673 has a 22" barrel. I think it is based off the M7 action which is a trimmed down M700 action. I plan on using the 125 gr PT and am hoping to get near 3100 fps.

JD338

JD338":20xwlj4z said:
The M673 has a 22" barrel. I think it is based off the M7 action which is a trimmed down M700 action. I plan on using the 125 gr PT and am hoping to get near 3100 fps.

JD338

Jim,

6--because of the "re-introduction" of the model 600 magnum of yesteryear
7--based on the model 7 action
3-- introduced in 2003

There you go! :wink:

JD338":3cbv1p2d said:
Well got word the word that my M673 6.5 mm Rem Mag is on the way. I will have her home next week.
Mounting a Vari X III 2.5-8x36mm with M1 dials and will start load developmwnt with the 120 gr BT.

JD338

Nice! I (mostly) have that scope sitting on my desk, waiting for me to decide what I'm gonna put it on. I say mostly, because mine just has the M1 elevation knob.

Maybe my new .300 WSM EW?

JD338":3ecoj4oj said:
POP":3ecoj4oj said:
JD338":3ecoj4oj said:

JD338

Jim,

6--because of the "re-introduction" of the model 600 magnum of yesteryear
7--based on the model 7 action
3-- introduced in 2003

There you go! :wink:

Thank you Fotis!
I should have known you would have the decoder key. :wink:

JD338

JD that should be a great bullet for the 6.5 Rem. You'll be making Scotty and all those 264 Win guys gealous here pretty soon!! :p :mrgreen:

Ha- no such thing! I like that 6.5RM alot. Very cool cartridge. I'm pretty sure Jim will be shooting little bitty groups with it soon enough. Seems like the 6.5's are really picking up the pace around here!

Won't be too long before Woodycreek has built a 6.5 RUM or something along those lines! I know he is looking for a round with enough power to handle these HUGE Virginia WTs! I think he found the 300RUM a little lacking! Ha!

I said that Jokingly but knowing Brian, it has already crossed into his mind! Scotty

beretzs":3ahpya0o said:
Ha- no such thing! I like that 6.5RM alot. Very cool cartridge. I'm pretty sure Jim will be shooting little bitty groups with it soon enough. Seems like the 6.5's are really picking up the pace around here!

Won't be too long before Woodycreek has built a 6.5 RUM or something along those lines! I know he is looking for a round with enough power to handle these HUGE Virginia WTs! I think he found the 300RUM a little lacking! Ha!

I said that Jokingly but knowing Brian, it has already crossed into his mind! Scotty

I am pretty sure Brian has something brewing. :wink:

JD338

beretzs":1camo6s9 said:
........Won't be too long before Woodycreek has built a 6.5 RUM or something along those lines! ....... Scotty

Barrel makers are going to love him, and his checkbook! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

6.5 RUM :idea: I think the 6.5-06AI would be just fine for deer and big bad long range steel :lol:
But have yet to give up on the idea of the 6-06AI.
I should start the 6mm Club :lol:

Woodycreek":blgoh5bk said:
6.5 RUM :idea: I think the 6.5-06AI would be just fine for deer and big bad long range steel :lol:
But have yet to give up on the idea of the 6-06AI.
I should start the 6mm Club :lol:

You know you can count on me in the 6mm club! :lol: :p I do believe I'm already there as my son has two 6mm's, a Ruger MKII and a Remington Model 600 Centennial. I have a Ruger #1B so we are in. Woodycreek you are a bad influence as I have always contemplated building a 6mm-06 and thought what a neat round that would be and simple to form by just necking down 25-06 cases.

almost as easy as the 6.5/06. champher 25/06 cases, prime, charge and seat a boattail 6.5 bullet.
RR

Back