Join the 6.5mm club!

DF,

I've shot a few 6.5 x 284s and done load development for several. I haven't owned one.

I have two:
Rem 700 LH 264 WM with a mountain goat shot at 80 yards taking advantage of all the flat shooting abilities of the round :wink:

hunting2008074.jpg

And a rebored Browning BLR in 260 Rem that I unfortunately don't have a picture of right now. My wife is learning how to shoot with my 22 lr and this gun. Love the fact its light weight, ambidextrous, cheap to shoot and has mild recoil. Pretty accurate too.

Had more but sold them off over the years

Dr. Mike and others looking for a .260 load in a youth model. My son's model 7 shoots 129 gr honady IMR 4831 2690 ft/sec sub 3/4's. Don't know if this helps. These are interlock as I could not get as good of groups out of any with plastic tips. Would like to have seen better groups but out of a short thin factory barrel I figured that was about all I was going to get. Yes it is bedded and in a Bell and Carlson stock now as he does not need the short stock. Sub 3/4 was for a bedded factory plastic stock, it now shoots sub 5/8's. Hope this may help.

Barge,

I'm anticipating that I'll need to bed my CDL to get the accuracy I desire. Thanks for the information.

Here is my 6.5. It is an M70 Classic Sporter 264 Winchester Magnum. I am really starting to love this rifle. It is showing some excellent accuracy and is such a baby to shoot. Talk about alot of performance in a little bullet. I will be at the first meeting for the 6.5 club. Scotty

DSC_2333.jpg

DSC_2332.jpg

DSC_2330.jpg

DrMike":osrfdp7h said:
It's about time, Scotty. How about a few new targets?

Man, I wished I could post some targets, but I am out on the West Coast right now. I will have some fresh targets shortly though. Scotty

Dr. Mike just got back in and set down and remembered I did not give full load information. It was 46gr. of IMR 4831. With the plastic stock I also embedded a piece of aluminum channel into the forearm to stiffen it. Of course I drilled some holes and roughened the surface of the aluminum.

Barge,

Again, thanks. I'll likely have to pillar bed this rifle. I certainly found it beneficial to pillar bed the 350 RM 673.

This is a fun post. Anybody got a set of 6,5X55 headspace guages? You guys make me want to join the club! Can't afford another rifle right now.... but a barrel....You guys are like bartenders at an AA convention

nodak7mm":2cnw6l2j said:
DF,

Is Marilyn a Red-head? (Rosewood)..

Red-heads get me all fired up.... :mrgreen:

Rod

Really, Well, hows that 6.5-06 working for you. What's the spec on that baby. Is that your PD rifle? :wink: :lol:

Back