WYcoyote":3sra8tyb said:
Desert Fox":3sra8tyb said:
Kind of lonely in here. Am I the lone 6.5-284 user in here? :cry: :cry:

I'm here with you DF. 6.5-.284 Norma.

Yeah! I almost forgot.

Here's more of Marilyn

65056.jpg

DF -
That rifle is gorgeous!! I was seriously considering that caliber along with the 6.5WSM before finally deciding on the wsm. Hope to have it by Memorial weekend so I can spend time at the range.

DrMike":q3dezvq8 said:
Barge,

Again, thanks. I'll likely have to pillar bed this rifle. I certainly found it beneficial to pillar bed the 350 RM 673.

Mike -
R19 ended up being my powder of choice with H414 not far behind. The load I settled on was 45 grains with the 130 AB. The final groups shot right at .5 moa with the best group being .4. This was in the Remmy LE with the 24 inch barrel after glass bedding the tange and lug areas. I didn't put in pillars, but that would have been the next step if it wouldn't have shot. I had to get rid of the pressure point as well. The magazine limits being able to seat the bullets out as far as I would have liked, so mine are seated right at 2.800.
I'm sure there is a lighter load for the grandkids to start with, but this is a creampuff to shoot with velocities around 2890.

Polaris":o6wixeeh said:
You guys are like bartenders at an AA convention

No kidding. I have the hots for a 6.5-06, a .260, and a 6.5 WSM, but after this weekend, my gun budget is blown for quite a while.

Now, that LSS is a handy looking rifle and not surprisingly it looks like it worked wonders on that toad of a whitetail. And a great caliber to boot.
Very nice.

The Mountain Rifle is certainly a handsome rifle. It looks as if that 260 works well for you. Good looking buck.

Dr. Mike,
I have a model 7 ls with a 20" barrel, i have had the trigger worked and adjusted to just under 3 pounds, the barrel channel has been opened up and got the barrel floated but i have yet to bed it, it shoots real well with barnes 120 ttsx-1/2 groups with r19. i have only played with 130 AB's once and they were not up to par yet, they do have potential though. I have also had great success with 129 SST's over r19, up near max loadings. They will shoot under an inch. they may go even better if i continued to work with them. I have also shot 120 Corelokts over IMR4064. They will also shoot under an inch. Don't now if this will help any but these have all worked well with my model 7. The 120 TTSX and 129 SST's have been very effective on deer for my brother and myself. Good shooting
rm

6.5mm club? I only have a 6mm so I guess I'm out. :( If I did build one, I think it would be neat to build a 6.5-06 as it seems to nip on the heels of the 264 Win which is one of the best ever! Pretty impressed though with the 6.5 Remington Magnum but I imagine cases would be really hard to find for it.

Can I get in on the group as I at least have a 6 in the caliber designation?

David,

What's a silly 0.5 mm between friends? Of course, to be really in, you'll need to build that 6.5-06.

rmarshall,

Thanks for your insight. I'll work on this 260 this spring. Hopefully, I'll get some decent results to post here before the spring is finished.

David,

6.5 mm Rem Mag brass is available from Remington. I hope to start load development in a couple weeks.

JD338

David,

I think you should take a close look at a 6.5 in a SA, like a 260 or 6.5x47. Ya got the big stuff covered, ya need a truck gun for coyotes yet, capable of dumping a decent mulie buck. A nice 22/23" remmy short with a #3 or 4 fluted brux, composite stock, 3.5x10 or 4.5-14 VXII is top shelf qualifer. Or another stock M77 in the 6.5 Creedmore, that would be a sweet addition to the Ruger brethern at home..

The older & wiser I get, I like low recoiling, effiecent cartridge that are inherently accurate... be the first one here with a Creedmore in a #1....... eh?

But till ya got a 6.5 in the safe, your stuck being a wannabe........ Tho we still love ya!!! (kinda like that "special 2nd cousin from NE of Scobey).....

Rod

Joel,

I'd like to think we are just wiser & smarter about things.... Kinda like the young bull & old bull analogy: The young bull wants to run down and hook up with young heifer that just came out in the pasture and the old bull says, Nah, hang on........................ 8) 8) 8)

At least I'd like to think along that line....... :roll: :roll:

Rod

I'm in.

Rem 700 action. 28 inch McGowen fluted barrel in a #5 contour.Chambered in .264 Win.

I tried to pillar bed the stock it's in and well that didn't go so well. :roll:
(Not as easy as Larry Potterfield make it look on Youtube :mrgreen: )

I bought an inletted , nutmeg laminate, unfinished Boyd's Prarie Hunter for it and have been working on that for about a month.
If I could just get my wife to quit coming up with "spring projects" around the house I MIGHT
be able to go shoot it one of these days. That is if she'll leave me alone long enough to get the stock finished.....

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l48 ... AN/033.jpg

Good looking piece. You have to love those 264 Winchesters, even when found in Remington iron. :shock:

I wonder what is holding Jim up. I am surprised he isn't throwing some pictures of his new 673 up yet? Scotty

beretzs":8vnbqmtf said:
Very cool 264! Looking forward to seeing what it will do! Scotty

Yeah,me too Scotty.
Winds this spring have been horrible.
Couple more weeks it'll be summer here.95 plus everday and not a lick of a breeze. That's when I'll get busy.

My other problem is I'm also trying to put the finishing touches on a Win 70 that I had reamed from 7 Rem Mag to 7 STW.
So many rifles , so little time :wink:

I know the feeling. Trying to get my core elk rifles dialed in and others for deer hunting. Takes quite alot of range time, and just trying to get that somedays is hard to come by. Scotty

Back