• SAKO Hunter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sonofagun

Beginner
Sep 6, 2006
Considering an upgrade for my 300WSM. I am down to the Kimber 8400, The SAKO Hunter. I have heard good and bad about both. Any imoput woulsd be appreciated.
Gun

The kimber is light.

There, I said all the nice things I could have possibly said about it. :lol:

SAKOS ROCK!
If light is on your agenda look at the Finnlight.

I guess everyone has their own opinion pop. I own a Kimber Montana in 300WSM and could not be happier. It shoots better than I can hold and your right, it is light. The various things you would look for in regards to finish, fit and functioning are all there. They make a good product.

I picked neither, but my personal choice would be a Sako Grey Wolf in the model 75 rifle. I dont care for the new m85 stock. If I really had to pick b/w the 2 choices listed it would be the Sako all the way. But I should say I never handled a Kimber rifle to be fair on my comments. I just love and own Sako rifles, plus a few new Tikka T3 in the LS models.

Might not be the answer you were looking for, but in my opinion the Browning A-Bolt Medallion is hard to beat!
-TB

I've handled the Kimbers but never shot them. I am a huge fan of Sako's rifles. I don't mind the weight, in fact it makes for a steadier hold or swing on moving targets. I like the high magazine capacity and the detachable magazine. The optilock mounts are excellent as well. And I prefer the safety on the Sako.

That said, you should pick the rifle that fits you best. They are both good products.

I have never even fired a Sako, but I hear very good things.
I have however, had good luck with the Kimbers:
an M84 in 308 which is quite accurate(1 inch 3 shot group at 200yds with 165 grain Partition)
M8400 in 270WSM, likes the barnes TSX
Kimber 22 HS with 7500 rds downrange(my winter gallery league rifle) which shoots like a dream.

I was going to buy a Kimber until I saw the Nosler custom 2006
If Kimber rifles are like their hand guns, buy one

When they covered up the blowups I lost all respect for Sako/Tikka/Beretta and I will not buy their guns.

Besides the Kimber is made in the USA.

And this is why I love the USA!

FREEDOM OF CHOICE---AND THERE IS ALOT TO CHOOSE FROM!

:mrgreen:

I have even more respect for Nosler as they have not deleted my post which points out a shortcoming. Neither does Nosler delete posts about so called bullet failures.

On the postive side on the Tikkas a hunting buddy bought a SS Tikka in 270 WSM and it shoots very well with 130's and IMR 4350.

He has not had much time to work up any other loads.

On the other hand it took me almost two years to find that the crown needed work on my Kimber 270 WSM. It shot so so right from the start. Suppose you could say that I damaged the crown. Who knows? In any case his shot out of the box and mine would only do 1.25 to 2 MOA.

A long range target rifle builder here has now made an over the course rifle on a Tikka. They use those rifles rapid fire and repload and the clip and short bolt lift are an advantage.

This is why this is my favorite forum. There is no censoring (within boundaries that is----ie Spammers, harsh language etc).

That is why I like this forum, you are free to have your own opinion about your favorite cartridge, rifle, etc. Some of the other shooting forums are not that way, to say the least. :shock:

I have been thinking about a Finnlight in 270 WSM.....

Back