Larry Willis Resizing For Die Belted Cases

Yes.

They “look” the same, other than marks on the lower 1/2 of the body above the belt due to the collet.

Had a VERY tight rifle here recently where brass run through the collet once did not fit. Had to run them through 3 times each to get them to fit. Ran the same brass through other rifles and had no issues; its the first time I have seen that.

I was wondering if they look anything like this:

be86f5ecd0a1cedd3fc17416e3923556.jpg

Recently purchased a lot of once fired 300 H&H. Winchester mostly. I was very disappointed when I looked at some of them, was immediately thinking case head separation. Couldn’t feel anything with the paper clip trick. So I cut 2 of them. No sign whatsoever inside of separation. None. I got to thinking that maybe they had been run through one of those collets. I have some good mic’s...real good. There is .001 difference from above the line to below the line. Wondering if my theory holds water. Guy I got them from has had them forever left over from a family member so I doubt he’s any help.

I’ve had one for a long time and never really used it. Doc Vettes incident is one of those it comes in handy but I’ve not used mine in so long I don’t even remember where it is.

GB, the collet goes all the way to the belt. I couldn’t tell you what the line is.

SJB358":19boz3t5 said:
I’ve had one for a long time and never really used it. Doc Vettes incident is one of those it comes in handy but I’ve not used mine in so long I don’t even remember where it is.

GB, the collet goes all the way to the belt. I couldn’t tell you what the line is.
Thanks. Hard to say what kind of custom contraptions folks have McGuyver’d together over the years. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That appears more like a full length die was too tight.
The collet goes all the way to the belt, and does not stop like the line you see here.
I've never had a line show up like that with the collet.

However, I have seen them from a full length or body die that was tight.

Dr. Vette":3mz0iplj said:
That appears more like a full length die was too tight.
The collet goes all the way to the belt, and does not stop like the line you see here.
I've never had a line show up like that with the collet.

However, I have seen them from a full length or body die that was tight.
Didn’t think of a body die. I’ll bet that’s exactly the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back