Late Season Archery

Powerstroke

Handloader
Feb 24, 2006
Hello Again - I'm not doing a good job of keeping in contact here since the archery has taken over the family.
Last weekend was my first chance to hunt out of a tree stand for whitetail. Wish they all went this way, as it didn't take much over 30 min after daylight to be finished.[attachment=1]image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 132
Very nice... it looks tender steak will be on the menu at your place! What kind of broadhead did you use?

Good job, Mark. Good to see your post. Sounds as if its been a good season. How's your son's archery coming?

It's been long enough that I obviously forgot how to post a picture & did it twice.

Wayno945 - started using Ulmer Edges last year - first mechanicals I've ever shot. One small Mulie last year & this whitetail this year. I'll stay with them after seeing this damage on this doe. Broad head is still in perfect condition - not a nick on it. Complete pass-through @ 50yds & through the far side shoulder.

Hello Mike - great time out in the woods this year, just not much success this year. My wife picked up a bow to elk hunt this year for the first time - fantastic experience and still nothing in the freezer.

Kid is back in full swing with the JOAD program with his 3rd tourney this weekend. The Hoyt Rep was coming through town tonight, so he was excited to go tell him hello again.

Powerstroke":391ogdiz said:
It's been long enough that I obviously forgot how to post a picture & did it twice.

Wayno945 - started using Ulmer Edges last year - first mechanicals I've ever shot. One small Mulie last year & this whitetail this year. I'll stay with them after seeing this damage on this doe. Broad head is still in perfect condition - not a nick on it. Complete pass-through @ 50yds & through the far side shoulder.

Hello Mike - great time out in the woods this year, just not much success this year. My wife picked up a bow to elk hunt this year for the first time - fantastic experience and still nothing in the freezer.

Kid is back in full swing with the JOAD program with his 3rd tourney this weekend. The Hoyt Rep was coming through town tonight, so he was excited to go tell him hello again.

Success if defined by expectation. The ability to get out and to tag an animal with a stick and string counts as success if you're doing it for the first time. Not many people catch a steelhead the first time out on the streams. Those that do, tend to be spoiled as they imagine it is easy and fail to learn all the nuances that ensure future consistency. Ditto for those who venture afield with stick and string. Gaining the expertise is something that is acquired through hard work, constant observation and consistency. Good job. Good to hear that your lady hit the woods looking for an elk. Good for your son. My grandson entered his first junior archery competition this past summer, winning his first ribbon. It was a start for him.

Back