LE rifle no longer zeroed...

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Wow, after 18 years I removed the Leupold 4.5-14x from my LE sniper rifle, for good.

Retired from law enforcement last day of March. I had 20 years in. Got a late start after my time in the Marines.

My rifle has been set up for almost 19 years and several .308 barrels. Now it's sitting here with no scope. The rifle is mine, the department bought the scope for the team back when I was on SWAT. I was the last guy left at the department who even knew that the scope belonged to the city, not to me.

Too good a rifle to languish with no scope, I'll have it set up with something soon enough...

Guy

Congrats on your retirement and thanks for your service on both fronts! That a Leupold the city owned? Cant remember.... Rest up and get your clock straight. No more rotating shifts! :) THAT may take a while.

Congratulations, Guy. No doubt the day was somewhat bitter-sweet. Now, on to new challenges. Wishing you every success in each new endeavour.

Congratulations Guy on your retirement.
Now you have extra time to shop for new glass. :)

JD338

Congrats on your retirement Guy, must be nice to finally get there. Maybe a new 4.5x14 on it?

Congrats twice over! On to the next adventure.
You'll have fun choosing a new scope for old reliable.

Scott

Congrats on your retirement !!!!

Zeiss 4.5x14?

As a fixed power fan maybe a straight 10 or 12X Leupold would work for you :)

Thanks for your service and congratulations for your retirement, Guy! Enjoy your retirement.

Congratulations, I remember the day I was issued my Sam Brown and the day I gave it back with equal clarity. I found the last three years went by just as fast as the previous 20.
Time to enjoy life, the Corp and then police work, you've earned it.
We must get together this fall for some chukar.

Congratulations on your retirement Guy, first a Marine & then a Police Officer you have served well my friend. Even though there is a border separating us I want to thank you for a job well done!!!
Now on to the rest of your life :mrgreen:.
Guy are you thinking of another Leuy or maybe a NF too set ontop of that 308?

Blessings,
Dan

Guy,

I've watched a few folks retire in my line of work and with luck, and the Lord's blessing, I'll get to be one of those folks too.

You have earned a respite but you will likely find some endeavors to occupy your time. On the subject of scopes, since the Leupy worked well for you why not just but the same model to replace the city owned one? No sense fixing what ain't broke.

Says a lot about a man's character when he could've taken the scope home, and nobody the wiser, but did the right thing anyway. That speaks volumes to me. Take care of yourself and God Bless.

Vince

Congratulations Major Miner! You have earned it buddy! I know you loved both careers a ton. I am pretty sure you'll find something to keep yourself busy.

As to scopes, Fotis put out an awesome optic that might be right at home on the old Green Machine. I know your a Leupold guy, but their 4.5x14's are some seriously nice glass and the dials are very nice as well.

Again, congrats buddy! That is a ton of time in service to our country. My hats off to you.

CONGRATULATIONS, from Katie and I, thank you for all of those years of public service. God bless you and yours.

congratulations on the retirement. I know there's a lot of mixed feelings going on right now but with the other irons you have in the fire the free time will be at a premium. I retired after 22 years and immediately moved to Florida from Connecticut where I got immersed (pun intended) in a dive shop. Absolutely love what I'm doing. You'll dwell on the memories and that's good. The good times in the past will bring many smiles.

Guy Thank's for your continued service as a Warrior in the past and your continued service as a Police Officer as they are a couple tuff jobs but I am happy for ya and happy of ya as life moves on I know you will enjoy your time and best wishes in any and all future plans!! Take it easy and get that rifle another fine optik and put her back serviceable you might need her to tag something down the road!

Congrats on the retirement Guy!

Thanks for all you have done for us, and I hope retirement is long and prosperous for you. Long motorcycle trips, big bucks, big bulls, and great adventures.

Congrats Guy and thanks for serving on both fronts. I know you'll find new glass soon. Now you'll have time to ride when ever you want to. Enjoy life for it is so bitter sweet short and time gets away from us quickly :grin:

...you should've told 'em you wanted the "Gold Ring" instead of the gold watch when you retired, Guy... :roll: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Congrats on the retirement. You will find many things which will take up your time and think to yourself, how did I do it before. Good luck on future projects.
Had 27 years here.

Back