lead free Oregon

Like it or not, you can plan that pressure from liberals will push for this continually in all blue states (and purple states) until it is fait accompli.

I guess my learning to like, and shoot, mono metal bullets at this time might be fortuitous.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Always well advised to look long and hard at the E-Tip; it will work wonders on recalcitrant animals.

I own some land in Oregon, I guess that I won't be moving there. This is all premised on the fairy tale that: a Ca. Condor might fly to Oregon and eat a bird or small game animal that was shot with a lead bullet. I have never heard anything so stupid in all my life!

Oldtrader3":2rsuvnjo said:
A Ca. Condor might fly to Oregon and eat a bird or small game animal that was shot with a lead bullet!

Well, I can imagine that the California Condor would be exiting California because of taxes. I can see how said buzzard would think he (or she) is getting a tax break by flying to Oregon. They are just following the crowd. Sheesh! Next thing you know, there'll be California buzzards flying to Montana and Wyoming. Fotis, get your big guns ready! :twisted:

Here in Arizona Fish and Game requests that those hunting in the Kaibab National Forest and Arizona Strip just north of the Kaibab "voluntarily use monometal bullets. Supposedly it part of beaky Buzzard's flyway. I haven't hunted the Kaibab as much as I would have liked as tags are almost impossible to draw. Nut, in the 4 or 5 times I've been up there, I have never seen one condor. Lots of eagles but not the condor. I've heard from people in Game and Fish that the ecofreaks in Phoenix are pushing to make monometal bullets mandatory up there with the rest of the state in line later on. :x So far AZ has told them to take a hike. Dunno though how long they can hold out. Too darn many transplant from California and east coasters retiring here. :(
Paul B.

Don't you all just love how some folks flee a cesspool and them immediately try to change their new locality in to what they fled?

buckfever":35jt34df said:
Just to be on the safe side I'm going to buy some E-Tips.
Smart move.
Going to a mono metal bullet has forced me to reconsider what I consider good bullet placement.
I'm basically a one load per rifle kind of guy. Got my mono metal bullets so I'm done playing with loads.
The days are numbered, I fear, for lead bullets. [emoji20]

Vince

buckfever":20ufgqp9 said:
Just to be on the safe side I'm going to buy some E-Tips.

I have worked up loads with either E-Tips or TSXs on a number of my rifles. I keep the data on hand for the day when a liberal government mandates the transition.

I am considering saving my lead core bullets for the tree huggers, when that day comes? It does not seem to matter any more what reasonable, law abiding people want. The perverse people in our population are going to screw normal people to the wall anyway, just to get their way.

Anyone have any good loads for the .30-06 with 150 grain E-tips? I live in Idaho now but was wanting to move back to the land of my Fathers in the John Day Valley. Couldn't abide not hunting with my favorite smokepole.

I was thinking the 150 grainer as I feel anything heavier would shed velocity too fast and act more like an FMJ on game animals...am I wrong?

Barnes is gonna make some bucks!

Nosler time to expand the e-tip line?

Thank GOD for the Nosler E-Tips.
We might want to start asking Nosler for additional calibers and bullet weights.

JD338

Same thing has been threatened here in Washington. The libtards want to make the whole west coast a lead-free zone. Or... Maybe they just want to make life difficult for hunters.

Fortunately years ago I set aside a limited amount of Barnes TSX bullets in 6mm, .257 and .30 cal. Enough so that I can continue to hunt for a long time, I just won't be able to get out and practice much if they ban lead bullets at the ranges too.

Likely time to lay in some E-Tips. As I recall, they didn't exist when I set aside those boxes of Barnes bullets some years ago.

Sheesh....

Guy

Read my piece on the Seattle Times 3 day lead free special that they ran last week end. You can see from my piece some of the mispokes, lies and down right fuzzy science that the Times resorted to just to make more trouble.

Back