Leaving on Sunday for Black Bear

Well, thanks guys :) ..I was fortunate to get a second crack on this hunt, and it all came together.

The meat is at the butcher shop being made all into smoked sausage, half well be medium Italian smokies, and the other half well be cheddar smokies (I like both) as for the bear, I'm getting a 3/4 mount done with him, should be done before Christmas as per my taxidermist :)

Thanks again, and good luck to all this hunting season!
Lou

Thanks again guys :) ..I dropped off the bear at my taxidermist this morning, and going with a 3/4 mount with open mouth, but not to aggressive looking along with some habitat to go with it, it should be done in around 8 weeks as per Silvio, here's a few samples of his work, heck him and I go back around 25 years or so, and he gave me a super outrageous price to boot!

Lou.

Deer mount

Double bear mount with closed mouth

Open mouth shoulder mount, still not finished yet,

DrMike":2kscfh8z said:
Some beautiful mounts, Lou. I'm sure your bear will turn out nice.

Thanks Mike :) ..We skinned out my bear properly, and I put lots of salt on the hide, inside the eyes, ears and nose also, he is not huge, but a very fine specimen for sure, and I'm very thank full for that, he should turn out very nice, after all, the hardest part is finally over, even though we have plenty of bears here in Ontario, the success rate is 1 bear for every 3 hunters, and that's not very high, I took a second chance without cost, and got lucky on this one, doesn't always work, but it did for me this time :)

Lou (y)

Sorry for being late Lou as I was trying to catch up at work and then just got back yesterday from our 4 days Elk hunt. Congratulations on a fine looking Black bear and your mounts are beautiful.
Please forward photos when you get this latest one back.
Thanks again for the story and photos.

Blessings,
Dan

My 3/4 mount should be ready by weeks end :) ..I can't wait to see it, I'll post some pics when I bring the bruin home, man, those smokies are sure tasty!..I'm sure that Silvio did a great job on the mount,
Lou :)

Back