Lee Collet Die and DeadOn Bullet Seater - Redding Body Sizer

338winmag

Handloader
Jan 9, 2011
I received excellent suggestions on using this combination for my 338 Win Mag reloading. I am very happy with this combo.

I am reloading different calibers 270 Win, 7mm, 30 06, 300 Win Mag, and 300 WSM for family and friends for this up coming season. I can get the Lee set for about $24.00 and the Redding die for about $35.00 (plus shipping\handling).

As you can see this could get expensive. Anyone know of a less expensive combination that is comparable to the quality loading I am getting with this or should I just suck it in and buy this exact combo.

Thanks ahead of time

IMO that is cheap. if you like them stick with it. Don't know what would be cheaper. That is the down side to getting started is all the equipment you need. I personally bought the Lee collet, lee fatory crimp, and the rcbs competition FL sizer ans seater. The RCBS combo is $100 for the two dies. Now that gets expensiv..LOL

I wouldn't call it "cheap," but I do believe you have found as inexpensive a set up as possible.

touché DOC. unfortunatelly nothing is "cheap" anymore and I fear soon components will go even higher

I've had good results with all the rifles I've loaded on Hornady dies for, and that's a good number. You can get a set of Hornady dies for about $25-35, depending on where you shop and how much shipping is and what else you buy.

For neck sizing, I like the Hornady dies, as well, as they are only caliber specific, not cartridge specific. For instance, I can neck size my 270Wby and my brother's 270Win on the same .277cal standard length neck die. I will need the "short" version for my son's 270WSM, and in some calibers there are three - short, standard, and magnum, but I've been able to use the standard on magnum length stuff if I just pay attention and don't cram the case in and crumple the shoulder. Grafs has the best prices on these neck dies from Hornady, I believe, but check with others to compare.

Back