Left Hand Rem. M700, 270 Win., 1:9" twist

NYDAN

Handloader
Sep 17, 2013
This Rem. 700 was made in the Remington Custom shop. It has been rebarreled with Rem. magnum contour, Hart 1:9" twist 24" barrel. It has a Bell & Carlson stock.

The rifle comes with:
  • 1", medium height, Talley lightweight base/rings.
  • The original 24", fluted barrel.
  • Spare extractor.
I am asking $1,000.00 plus shipping.

Since I live in NYS any NYS sale will have to be through a NYS dealer, and any interstate sale will need to be dealer to dealer.

There are no marks on the rifle.

Left Side.JPG

Left Side Action.JPG
Right Side.JPG
Floor Plate.JPG

Original Barrel.JPG

Spare Extractor.JPG

Last edited:
Patrick, the LOP is 13-1/2" and the weight is 7 lb., 13 oz. as measured on a kitchen scale.

I can bring it with me when I come to Bozeman...

Man I am a lefty and cut my teeth with a Remington 700 in 270. I do not own a lefty rifle and have gotten so used to right handed rifle not sure I would be coordinated enough to use a lefty rifle lol!

Man I am a lefty and cut my teeth with a Remington 700 in 270. I do not own a lefty rifle and have gotten so used to right handed rifle not sure I would be coordinated enough to use a lefty rifle lol!
Yeah, you could transition to it. My grandson shoots lefthanded, used righthanded rifles till I got him a left bolt action. He does well with it.

I think this is one of those things that fit the saying, "If you try it, you might like it". It does not take long to adapt.

That's a beauty of a rifle, someone is going to get an awesome gun.

Never understood left handers using RH rifles. Much better using a gun that's properly set up. In the event of a blown primer you'll be much better protected too. I had that happen with a RH gun and got some gas and debris in my face. Not recommended.

Back