Leica Geovid 10 X 42 HD

DrMike

Ballistician
Nov 8, 2006
I purchased this product last spring. Though I used it some during the spring and summer, I've used it extensively for the past three weeks. It ranges accurately to 925 yards (the farthest I've used it to date). The glass is exceptionally clear. My hunting partner is carrying a pair of Swarovski SLC 10 powder binoculars, and the Leica permits better definition and earlier identification of game under conditions of poor light. The Geovid does not work well in fog, but neither does any other ranging system I've tried. It has accurately read a moose at 925 yards and an elk at 875 yards. I am able to pick up whitetail at 654 yards and accurately range them against a light background. The system is not perfect (no system is). It has a difficult time ranging foliage at a long distance, though I have ranged tree lines at 850 + yards. One drawback is the warranty, limited to five years. Again, that seems not to be unusual in the industry as electronic gear can be subject to failure. In all, the product is well built and worthy of consideration for those considering a high end set of optics with capability for ranging.

Great review Mike. I was told the Leica, Swaro and Zeiss range finding units were all the same, with the optics being the difference. Scotty

mike is the five year warranty on the electronic aspect, or is the whole system only warrantied for five years. the duovids i had were warrantied for life.

Good question. It is the electronics that have the five year warranty. The binocular system has a limited lifetime warranty, much like that for Zeiss.

Back