Lets see that one rifle...

when my daughter was younger, and wanted her mother to make her venison jerky he request was
"Daddy, will you take your big kirby gun hunting so mommy can make some jerky?"
here it is, a rem. 700 smithed by APS (Kirby Allen) of Ft. Shaw MT, 30" lilja, badger DBM, ken ferrel bases, QD Holland brake, pillared and glassed in a richards thumbhole varminter stock with a mark 4 6.5x20x50 M1, TMR up top cradled in a set of Burris ETR's
chambered in 7mm Allen Mag, runs a 160 AccuBond downrange at around 3550 fps depending on how hard the brass is and here is a fireform group to give ya an idea on how it shoots
fireformgroup7mmAM.jpg

closest deer I've ever taken with it...307 yards
DS08002.jpg

and the farthest
1350.jpg

RR

Very cool story RR! That rifle is always a top pick for my favorite when you post it up..

...this one "I guess..."

Attachments

• 0409121640.jpg
    751.1 KB · Views: 307
  • YOTE 6mm.jpg
    777.3 KB · Views: 307
  • P1010220.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 307
The kicker was finding his sheds from the year before 30 yards from where he dropped! Before he was quartered out!

Attachments

• 11X13 & 8X11.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 282
You guys should see that monster in person! Scotty and me stopped by Flat Bolt's house on the way back from our elk hunt. He said look for the house with the garage door open when we got on his street. Passed one or two with the door open and thought we may have went to far. We pass the next house and the door is up and the deer head is in the back of the garage. Even at 30-35 yards that deer head is huge.

Wholly smokes that's a big mule deer buck! He is a dandy! Did I miss something, or was that Ruger chambered in 6mm Remington? I thought in the coyote photo thread it said 6mm. That is really cool you have his sheds and found them so close to where you got him. Now that is neat! What cartridge and bullet did you use on him????
David

You're killing me with that rifle, Charlie! That thing is sweet!

FLAT BOLT":2fjcs6xs said:
The kicker was finding his sheds from the year before 30 yards from where he dropped! Before he was quartered out!

Now that is an Amazing story Flatbolt. What a buck!

BK":3l80ajwm said:
You're killing me with that rifle, Charlie! That thing is sweet!

I agree! It is a very sharp Weatherby for sure.

You did it up right Charlie! I hope you find an elk with it. I am sure it won't like it.

Are you kidding, Scotty? An elk shot with that rifle will say, "Oh, Charlie shot me. What a wonderful way to go!" :mrgreen: I don't imagine there'll be too much thinking done by the elk tagged with a bullet from that rifle.

Back