Lets see that one rifle...

...honestly, this one gets packed around mor'n any of 'em, from the end of elk season to the start of elk season...

...Browning A-Bolt .25 WSSM/ 6X18 VX-II...

25WSSMA-BoltVarmintStalker.jpg

...elk season starts it's usually the Tikka T3/ 4.5X14 VX-3...

T3300WSM.jpg

Gene, very businesslike rifles. They will deliver the goods.

k7grc, I do enjoy seeing fine Winchesters. You have a good selection of rifles chambered in some excellent cartridges.

k7grc":3n8mj9zu said:
What I grab depends on what I'm hunting for, but I usually take one of these;

DSC09187.jpg

Pre 64 M70's

338 Alaskan
270 WCF
257 Roberts

I sure dig that Bob...

Great pictures fellas!

My absolute favorite is my 378 Bee though she has not made it out the door yet. Just finished it.

SV103097.jpg

SV103099.jpg

2012-02-14103906.jpg

If she can not make it the 416 Bee is nice too

SV100453.jpg

416doe.jpg

I also adore my 257 bee!

2011-09-26124925.jpg

257b.jpg

That is a great trio of Weatherby's Fotis. Very nice pictures! I know how much bartering you have done to get exactly what you want.

SJB358":198w89rr said:
That is a great trio of Weatherby's Fotis. Very nice pictures! I know how much bartering you have done to get exactly what you want.

It is a syndrome Scott!

These are faves because they have proven themselves. I have a dozen more sticks than need work ups. Will be busy for months.....thank God! :mrgreen:

FOTIS":1m7648od said:
SJB358":1m7648od said:

It is a syndrome Scott!

These are faves because they have proven themselves. I have a dozen more sticks than need work ups. Will be busy for months.....thank God! :mrgreen:

I know all about it buddy. You guys started it... I was happy with a 300WM, 338WM and a 270WSM.. You guys just put the fire into me! I have since cleansed my safe of all but a Ruger 308 and two Remingtons (35 Whelen and son's 243) :twisted:

I have a pair of Remington 700's, 338 RUM and 280 AI.
338 RUM
700LSS338RUM.jpg

JD5PtElk2002.jpg

Spike111608a.jpg

338RUM250grABa-1.jpg

280 AI
IMG_0315.jpg

JD6pt1115071.jpg

280AI.jpg

JD338

I don't believe we've ever seen those rifles, have we, Jim? :mrgreen: They are sweet shooters, for sure.

DeerTracker":1y217dyu said:
Lets see the one rifle that always comes to mind first when you head out the door. A picture of a close 2nd place rifle would be acceptable also! ...

My favorite is this one, a tang safety Ruger M77 in .257 Roberts manufactured in 1989 and picked up by me in 2004. Very accurate. 75g V-MAX for prairie rats and coyotes, 100g TTSX or 110g AccuBomd for goats and 120g A-Frame when carried during a combined elk/deer season.
2009_Antelope_Hunt7.jpg

Second place? Not really sure.

Nice picture Coyote Hunter.

JD, great looking pair of rifles sure. I never realized both your 280 and 338 have the standard Redfield mounts to include the windage rear. Really says something about how tough they are huh!

Great pictures you guys. Enjoying them thoroughly.

For the most part, my go-to is a plain-Jane .270, FN M70 Featherweight. With 130 ABs, BTs or E-Tips, it is absolutely devastating on whitetails.
View attachment IMG_0724.JPG

However, if I can get to doing some load development, I'm hoping this one will give it some competition. Remington's limited edition CDL SF cut in .280 Rem, with a B&C Alaskan stock.
View attachment IMG_0834.JPG

For more authority, the .338 just as well be thrown in... Another M70.
View attachment IMG_0807.JPG

Love those Model 70s, though the .280 CDL is a sharp looking rifle. A friend bought one a couple of seasons past, and it shoots factory ammunition quite accurately. She has managed to take two moose with it so far, so I guess it works acceptably. Nevertheless, Model 70s are just good looking.

Yes, very nice Hegland! I love your pair of M70's, although, the B&C on your 280 takes it to a whole nother level! Very nice buddy. That is a great gaggle of rifles!

I'll second that Hegland............................. great little outfit!
I finally got my new one ordered yesterday it is the JOC Tribute model of course in two seven zero .............. my buddy that helped me anchor one got so reved up about it that he ordered one for himself!!! Fastest way to blow two grand I ever got into!!!!
JCmodel70left.png

35 Whelen":srfxmj4h said:
I'll second that Hegland............................. great little outfit!
I finally got my new one ordered yesterday it is the JOC Tribute model of course in two seven zero .............. my buddy that helped me anchor one got so reved up about it that he ordered one for himself!!! Fastest way to blow two grand I ever got into!!!!
JCmodel70left.png

Wow, really nice Earle! That rifle is going to be a sweet heart! Nice grab buddy!

Congratulations Whelen on that rifle; can't wait to see pictures of that one.

Some awesome rifles being displayed here... great thread.

Congratulations, Earl. That will be a beautiful rifle. What do you plan on loading for it?

DrMike":16qygodo said:
Congratulations, Earl. That will be a beautiful rifle. What do you plan on loading for it?

...I'd be for "loading" that one in a Lexan display case w/ an alarm system... :mrgreen:

You guys are just down right cruel posting all of these beautiful rifles like you are. I think that without a doubt those JOC tributes need to get hunted with. It would be a shame not too. I have the Remington Model 600 Centennial in 6mm Remington and it just begs to be hunted. I should say my son has it now and he needs to use it!

Great post.
David

Back