Leupold M-1 dials vs Target Turrets

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Other than looks what is essentially the difference?

The M1 dials are fully exposed and ready for action. The Target turrets have screw on covers.

JD338

Really digging the 1/2" turrets on my new Mark AR... pretty nifty to dial well over 1k... in less than one turn of the turret.

Songdog -
Which rifle did you put that scope one ? I just purchaed a Mark AR as well. I really like the mid-size turrets.

POP - I have (2) 12X Leupys & (2) 16X Leupys with the target turrets and never take the caps off - too much of a pain it seems in the field at least.

Maybe just me Pop, but I think the numbers & hash marks are a tish larger print, easier to read, have a more defined detent/clik. I got both and am thinking of getting the target turrets swapped out to M1's.

Powerstroke":1exovjkq said:
Songdog -
Which rifle did you put that scope one ? I just purchaed a Mark AR as well. I really like the mid-size turrets.

It's sitting on my Ti stocked 700 in .25-06... I really like it, don't see changing for a while. I could see how it would be rough on folks who don't see small stuff too well... as the numbers on teh turret are awful small... but with my 20/10 vision I don't have any issues with it.

I'm running the 100 Etip at 3300+... which works out very well with the 1/2" clicks. With a 100 yard zero, it's: +1" (2 'clicks') for every 50 yards out to 500 (7")... then +1.5" (3 clicks) for every 50 yards out to 800 (15")... then +2" (4 clicks) for every 50 yards out to 1100 (27")or so. I've only run it out to 700 yards (with both the 85 NBT and the 100 Etip)... but it was very repeatable, and the adjustments seemed right on the money. Good little scope for the $230 I paid for it.

Here's the glass sitting on top of the rifle....

markar1.jpg

Looks great Song Dog. Glad to hear it is a good one. Not that Leupold ever puts out bad stuff! Scotty

Just so folks can get a look at them:

Target turrets on my .308 Green Machine
7b54e0fb.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

And the M-1 dials on the .300 WSM Model 70
IMG_3291.jpg

I like the M1's good, but since I carry the rifle in a scabbard most of the time, I got more target then M1's. The caps keep the knob from getting turned.

Seriously":3l6sk69h said:
M1's have no peer.
Depends what you're looking for.

For my latest projects the M1's would not have worked for me.

Ok...

For my latest project the bulkiness and looks would not have worked.
Quite simple really......

Looks are subjective, hey you're right!

The M-1's work, very well indeed. I just wanted the CDS's.

I have them on several rifles.

You're too new here and you do not know about that yet.

What is funny? that I employ M1 dials on some of my rifles?

Seriously":2f0cjnxo said:
M1's have no peer.

Everything is relative. What works for you may not work for me.
M1 dials work very well but they are not the best in a scabbard. :wink:

JD338

Ever heard of the dodo bird?

dodo-bird-plastic-f1353.jpg

Someone went that way.......

Back