Leupold reticle question

I think nitis might be right on. A 4.5x14 VX3 with the Boone & Crockett reticle might be a good one too. With range work, I wouldn't think it would be too tough to know where to exactly hold for distances, even out past 500 yards, although they are designed to go out to that distance using the hash marks and without any turret adjustments.

POP":2ql4i8xp said:
DF what type of performance are you getting?

Pop, to tell you the truth, I don't use the reticule for reading the distance, I rely exclusively on my LRF for that :oops:. I do however use the horizontal mil hash mark for wind compensation. I'm pretty sure with practice you can tailored the vertical mil hash marks to compensate for your bullet drop but. I always dialed my mine in.

Well, I picked up a Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x40mm Long range version with the side focus parallax and the 30mm tube. I'm giving Leupold a call tomorrow about installing the M1 turrets and the TMR reticle. I got a really nice deal on it at Cabela's. They sent me an employee pricing coupon and I got 10% off the list price for it so that helped matters. I almost bought a Mark 4 they had marked down on price but it just wasn't exactly what I was looking for and the physical size of the scope didn't appeal to me for a hunting rifle so I stuck to the VX-3. Anybody know if you can just drop the scope off at the factory or do you have to ship it? I live in Beaverton not far from them so it would be nice to save on the shipping.... I'm really excited to get it customized and mounted on the rifle! I'll try and post some before and after pics just for fun! Thanks to everyone who helped me out on picking a good scope for my purposes.

shoots_5

Congratulations on the scope. I would drop off the scope and go pick it up. I have had M1 dials installed on 2 scopes. I am in MI and turn around time, w/ shipping was under 2 weeks.

JD338

I'm so frustrated right now!!!! You would think that with Leupold being less than a mile from where I live I would be able to find dual dovetail rings in 30mm.....but nope, nothing, not even at the factory. So I ordered them from optics planet, who showed them instock, and then emailed me saying, oh, sorry we just ran out....but we'll have them back in stock in 5-10 business days. So I wait....for two weeks before they finally get shipped here and arrive today. I'm all excited about getting my new scope mounted up and planned on going out Sunday to get it sighted in. Until I open the box and discover that the rings are 1" not 30mm. Not sure who screwed up me or them, but either way I'm not a happy camper right now. I'm about to go out and just buy the first 30mm rings and bases I can find and say screw it! How does the factory that makes them not have any????

Finally got my rings and bases in and got everything mounted up tonight. Thought I'd share some pics of the work done on the scope and it mounted on the gun.

Scope is a VX-3 4.5-14x40 LR with M1 turrets and TMR reticle added at the custom shop.

Gun is a Remington 721 chambered in 300 H&H Mag. Stock, muzzle brake and cerakote finish are up next pending funds.....

IMG_1079_edited-1.jpg

IMG_1078_edited-1.jpg

IMG_1087_edited-1.jpg

IMG_1089_edited-1.jpg

IMG_1091_edited-1.jpg

Nice!
You are going to love it, congratulations.

JD338

Back