Leupold VX7

DrMike

Ballistician
Nov 8, 2006
Well, the new VX7 arrived this week, and I now have it mounted. The boys in the back at Corlanes were really helpful in getting it set up as I want. Soon, I'll head to the range to see what I can do with it. I've put it on my newer 300 WSM. It does look right sharp perched atop that fine Winchester Featherweight. It is a sharp looking scope.

P5190105.jpg

P5190104.jpg

P5190103.jpg

CL,

It is the standard matte finish. I'm certainly pleased with the general appearance of the scope. The only difference is that my name is engraved on the side of the scope. I'll give a report on its use later when I get a chance to spend some time at the range.

Great looking rig, Doc!!! That wood is really special on the featherweight as well! I've two of them and neither has wood that pretty.

Thank you, Scott. I bought three of the new ones in 2008 (300 WSM, 270 WSM and 30/06). They each had very attractive wood. I let two of my older Featherweights go in 300 WSM and 270 WSM to get these.

Mike,

Beautiful scope, looks great on your M70 Featherweight.

How does it compare to the VX3 for brightness and clarity?

JD338

Jim,

My first look supports the fact that it is bright and clear. My hunting partner looked at it and complained that it looked too large on my Winchester. He opined that it would look much better on a Remington, of which he has quite a few. I heard him mumbling something about inheriting it when I pass on this next hunting season.:shock:

I'll try to wring it out in the coming couple of weeks. I loaded up some rounds for testing in the 300 WSM this morning. It is raining fairly hard today, and my dainty constitution can't handle being wet, so I'm not going to be out there today. My daughter and grandchildren are coming up tomorrow, so that crimps my style for a couple of weeks, but I imagine I'll find a way to get to the range to test it out.

Mike,

Take the gang out to the range like you did last year. :wink:

JD338

Take the gang out to the range like you did last year.

Undoubtedly, that is going to happen. They will be here for two weeks or so. The older grandchildren are getting quite excited about hunting with their grandpa. I have a rifle on order (Remington CDL 260 youth model), but it isn't here yet. I have a good supply of Nosler brass and a good selection of bullets to make great things happen for them.

Beautiful piece Mike!!!

I see only one thing wrong. The bolt is on the wrong side of the gun. :grin:

Paul

He often reminds me that as a lefty he is one of the few in his "right" mind.

Back