lever action addition

HAWKEYESATX":35rtjey5 said:
I have stated that I'm a Savage 99 fan, but I do like other lever action rifles as well. I've always had a soft spot for .30-30's. I've come like Marlin 336's in .30-30 more than Winchester 94's. It was a hard decision. I finally had to think long and hard. Why did I like the Winchester over the Marlin? Well, it was only one reason. Purely because it looked better. The Marlin is smoother, and holds a degree of strength more, and are way more accurate. And, yes, they aren't as pretty. But, to my defense, and the guys on here can back me up, are you going to stay with the girl that looks gorgeous, that does nothing for you over the one that is pretty, and loves you, and cooks and cleans, and takes care of you?
Now, I will end up eventually getting a lever action in .22 and .45-70.
Guess which ones I'm going to pick? Yup! The Marlins!

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

the gorgeous ones are called "mistresses" the pretty ones who love and care for you are called "wives"------sorry Bryce, couldn't resist LOL

polaris, that 99/300 is a sweet combination, good suggestion

Cheyenne, it is almost sacrilegious NOT to have a 30/30 in a lever collection

the gorgeous ones are called "mistresses" the pretty ones who love and care for you are called "wives"------sorry Bryce, couldn't resist LOL

polaris, that 99/300 is a sweet combination, good suggestion

Cheyenne, it is almost sacrilegious NOT to have a 30/30 in a lever collection[/quote]

LOL you got me there Europe!
My wife half jokingly, half accusatory says to me often, "Was that your girlfriend?" I tell her straight forward, No, I don't need a girlfriend, one wife is enough for me! LOL
And boy, she makes having her enough too! Good thing I shave my head bald, because she makes me want to pull my hair out most of the time.
But I digress!

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

Perhaps my affinity for Winchester, 92; 94 and 95 and cheer leaders explains a lot.
I now own a Marlin 1895 that is with me almost every day up here, there is hope:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salmonchaser":3k38tii5 said:
Perhaps my affinity for Winchester, 92; 94 and 95 and cheer leaders explains a lot.
I now own a Marlin 1895 that is with me almost every day up here, there is hope:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah yes!
It's been hard for me to go over to Marlin, but just by using their products has made me a believer in their rifles.
I want to so badly get an 1895 Marlin in .45-70!
That's after I get my Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor.

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

Good one April! :)

As for the Sako Finwolf 308 Winchester, I call first dibs on Fotis's Finwolf...... if he ever decides to sell it.

JD338

JD338":2bzulnd8 said:
Good one April! :)

As for the Sako Finwolf 308 Winchester, I call first dibs on Fotis's Finwolf...... if he ever decides to sell it.

JD338

Too late JD338!
[emoji10]

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

Back