light weight .270

bcd

Beginner
Sep 27, 2004
I would like to see a 90 or 100gr ballistic tip for a 270 the only one I can currently find is a sierra varmiteer which I'm loading using hodgdon varget powder using the max powder charge and CCI 250 primers I'm getting awsome results, but in my hunting bullets I get better results with ballistic tips, and believe that I would in varmit bullets also.

It always struck me as odd that Nosler didnt make a 110 gr. Partition for smaller deer in .277" :? Or a 100 gr. Ballistic Tip for varmints. I guess the 270 works pretty darn good with 130 gr. loads :wink:

The 270's reputation was built on the 130 grain pill, and to this day, with the exception of much larger game, that is the bullet that most 270 shooters choose. It is plenty flat and arrives with more than adequate energy at any sane distance one wants to shoot it. I have shot all weights in my 270, and have some 160 grain bonded bullets for it, but for most practical purposes, I simply load up the 130 Partition and head out. Must remember to shoot something with that 140 AccuBond, though. :grin: Regards, Eagleye

Back