Looking for a hunting load in 7mm Rem Mag, 140 gr accubond

If you have an existing Partition or Ballistic Tip load try that first. 90% of the time the loads work great. Because of the jacket material being the same for the AccuBond, as it is for the Partition there is no pressure increase, hence the same data.

I have been shooting (and reloading) the 7 Mag for years. I find most listed reloads work fine - good accuracy generally and hit with terrific effect on game. My rifle seems to prefer IMR-4831 powder across the widest range of bullets. I don't think you will be disappointed if you work a little with most of the listed reloads. Mostly, I work with the heavier bullets -150 to 175 grain, just like how they shoot in my rifle. Tried a lot of different bullets through my rifle over the seasons and many of the good brand names shot very well. No complaints. Well - the first time I tried the Nosler 160 Accubonds, I was totally impressed. Simply outstanding accuracy. They are going with me to Montana for Elk in a couple of weeks. If the hunting gods are smiling on me, I will let you know how these Accubonds perform on Elk.

Thanks Ron , Good luck on your Elk Hunt, I worked up some loads using IMR 4350 , 3 shot groups sub moa @100yards.Rifle seems to really like the AccuBond 140 grain.Would like to hear how the accubonds do on large game like elk.I am currently getting ready for a Mule Deer hunt here in Arizona , hopefully I can let you know how the accubonds do.

I have had great luck with RL22. I believe Noslers max is 67.5 gr at 3300 fps +. I had one rifle go a couple of grns past that to gain 3300 fps.

I would go with a 160 gr AB or PT with RL22.

JD338

RL-22 65.4 using the 140gr AccuBond is where I landed with my 7mag. Last Tuesday went to range to verify. After firing the fouling shot - put two holes overlaping side by side.... It's ready to go fo this hunting season.. I got butterflies!

I use 68 - 70 grains of RL-22 depending on the bullet - bonded or standard. Accuracy is great with both delivered out of a custom Hart barrel #5 contour. Good shooting.

Tried many, answer in my rifle RL-22 was just over max of BT and Partition load, 3300 fps and great accuracy. Best part was the grain down and one up also shot really well.

gotta go with spino. my rifle loves imr 4831, and rl22. the difference is that my rcbs thrower doesn't like long, extruded powder...so i choose the rl22...throws better and seems to be less of a pressure issue. my load is 65.5 grns of rl22 and a 140 AB. as far as the 4831, 64 grains and a 150 Partition or ballistic tip fly exactly the same. one word of caution. my experience has not been good with a BT at that velocity in a hunting scenario...two shots and four exit holes. you can't go wrong with either of those powders.

Back