M48 Tune up

DevilDogHunter

Beginner
Mar 16, 2012
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum. I felt compelled to express my happiness with Nosler customer service.
I own a M48 Custom Sporter in .338 Federal. The rifle is a shooter, but as of late I've been having
feeding problems. So I contacted Nosler and spoke to John. They sent UPS to the house and picked up the rifle two days later at no cost to me. Today I got a call from John. He said he replaced the magazine box and follower, and has it cycling smoothly. Then he offered to have my stock refinished with a teflon coating...
AT NO COST!
I am very pleased with how Nosler stands by their product AND customers. If the rifle runs the way it is supposed too, I will be a repeat customer. Thanks again.
G.Michael White

P.S. Here she is with a Leupold VX3 CDS scope that I hand camo painted. A lot of gun for Coyotes, but good practice!

View attachment IMAG0056.jpg

Welcome to the forum, Michael. Good to have you aboard. I like the 338 Federal a lot. In fact, I'm having one built on a Winchester action. Those of us who have either dealt with Nosler directly or observed them on this forum have found them to be a truly classy company.

DevilDogHunter

Welcome to the forum!

Nosler is indeed a world class company and second to none with their Customer Satisfaction.

Nice looking rig. The 338 Federal is a big stick in a small package. You are covered from mice to moose.
What load(s) are you running in your 338 Federal?

JD338

Very nice rifle! I think you have the coyotes covered with that rig for sure!

Like Jim said, what loads are you running?

Thanks for the welcome.
To answer the load question, my current hunting load is the off the shelf 185 gr Barnes TSX load from Federal at 2750 fps. So far I've killed two bucks and three coyotes with the .338 fed, and I'm impressed with this round, and my first Nosler rifle. At this point I'm just hunting it and saving my brass till I get set up to reload this.

I'll report back on the gun when I get it back and head to the range.

I just got a call from Nosler. My gun has been shipped back to me, and should arrive Monday. I'm excited to see the new finished stock and how the gun feeds now that it has been serviced. I will report when I take it to the range next week.

Pretty fantastic company I feel! Those Nosler folks are great. That's a nice rifle you have and I bet a feller by the name of Fotis will come along here and admire you for your coyote killing caliber. This fine gentleman :shock: likes his guns big, and to him a 460 Weatherby is an antelope killing son of a gun! Which I am quite sure that it is! Welcome.
David

Yes, Nosler is top notch indeed. I am more than happy with my M48 and it is a great shooter.

DevilDogHunter":2tf8zgmm said:
I just got a call from Nosler. My gun has been shipped back to me, and should arrive Monday. I'm excited to see the new finished stock and how the gun feeds now that it has been serviced. I will report when I take it to the range next week.

Looking forward to your update.

JD338

View attachment IMAG0306.jpgNOW View attachment IMAG0055.jpgBEFORE

So I recieved my rifle back from Nosler today. And I am a VERY happy customer.

They installed a new magazine box, and now the rifle feeds flawlessly. I function tested it cycling rounds at various speeds and effort, and it passed with flying colors!

They had also offered to repaint the stock with a teflon treatment. I love it! It has a texture to it that is an improvement. It is rough and grippy. Perfect for an all weather hunting rifle. The color seems a little darker, and I like that better too! I included a before and after photo to show the the new vs old stock finish.

All this was done at no charge or shipping both ways! That's REAL customer service.

Just wanted to thank John Harken from Nosler who serviced my rifle. He got it done and I am a very happy customer!

Can't wait to get back to the range, dial it in, and hunt a few more yotes with it before turkey season starts.

Yes, looks great and the report is so easy to believe in light of how they treated me. I am a Nosler fan indeed :mrgreen:

That's what I'm used to hearing from Nosler customers. That's why the whole bolt face thing surprises me (different post). BTW, that's a great looking gun and a NICE yote! You got that in CT??? My home state and yet I didn't take up hunting until I moved out West. Mistake on my part,

Back