M600 350 Rem Mag 180 TTSX H4895

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Well, here is the little rifle Bill and swapped a few months back. It's a M600 350 Rem with an old Redfield 2 3/4x scope. Great trigger on the rifle.

Decided to give some 180 TTSX's a try. It's got a short Mag box, that'll go about 2.830 and you've gotta seat them Bullets DEEP. Didn't seem to matter, it shot real well and I believe my load work is about done :lol:

The speeds are all listed below

First group at 57 showed me a lot of promise

I lost my 59 grain group due to the shooter over adjusting the old Redfield :roll:

But I caught the others

Speeds seem plenty good for that 180.... can't wait to sling one of these into the jugs....

I think Bill trades me Remington's just so he can rub it in once in awhile :lol:

Wow! What a beautiful stock. Can't say I've seen one like that.
It appears to shoot as well! Nice work.
What's this one for? Black bear?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mjcmichigan":2repalnz said:
Wow! What a beautiful stock. Can't say I've seen one like that.
It appears to shoot as well! Nice work.
What's this one for? Black bear?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you and I'm not sure yet!

Nice looking rifle and it looks like a shooter.

Oh and was that a load test for a 30-06 I saw with the rest of the Chronograph test? :roll: :lol: :grin:

Beautiful rifle Scotty. She is a shooter with the 180 gr TTSX.
Bet she will shoot 200, 225 and 250 grainers well to.
Those old Remington's shoot very well.

JD338

Nothing wrong with that shooting, Scotty. My 350 RM looks very similar, but it is newer manufacturer. The 600 was a fine rifle and is highly desirable. I think Bill wanted that little rifle to go to someone who would treat it well and appreciate what it can do. Those are some great groups. I haven't tried 180 grain bullets in mine, but I do believe I will be trying. I shoot 200 grain TSX and get great accuracy and it hits game with a definite thump.

First time I've ran a Barnes in awhile. The magazine is real short in these so you don't have a bunch of wiggle room for the bullet seating. I think that 180 should be fine. I'll check it again the next time out. I'd like to shoot it at distance just to see what it does. I don't plan on shooting it much over 300 yards and likely it'll get used at much shorter distances. The rifle is pretty nice though. I kinda dig it.

I have/had a 6mm Remington in a Model 600 and it belongs to my son Jeffrey now. It's a great little rifle!

I would imagine that the .350 Rem really bucks in that rifle!

Scotty - I really like that little rifle, and the scope looks perfect on it.

Buddy of mine has one, I think his uncle bought it brand new, along with a case of Remington factory 200 gr ammo for it. It's never had a scope on it! I offered to mount one on it for him, was going to give him my old 4x Leupold, but he insists on keeping it scope-free.

All it's ever shot are coyotes & mule deer. Does a fine job on each. Though... I keep telling him he'd hit those deer better with a scope... :)

Guy

I have one just like it but with the rib on the barrel. I shot my first mule deer in ID with it, a 3 point, at about 16 years old. Since then it has been in the safe.

That one never had a rib on it Scotty?

Scotty that is a one sharp looking rifle and it looks to be a shooter as well. I really liked my 350 rem mag and it too was very accurate. Awesome elk caliber for sure.

That looks really good Scotty, I bet even though that 180 gr bullet is pretty lightweight it will penetrate well. Should make a great deer and bear thumper.

Scotty, I know that I get a kick out of teasing DrMike, the diehard Winchester Model 70 Featherweight fan, that he secretly lusted over my Remington's so long that he now owns 4! Of course he claims that one is not his, but actually his grandson Noah's.

Can you imagine a Winchester fan building his grandson's first rifle on a Remington? Must be something there! LOL

Noah's 260 is a Tikka. Shame on you, Gil; slandering me like that. :twisted:

IdahoCTD":2lenr4je said:
I have one just like it but with the rib on the barrel. I shot my first mule deer in ID with it, a 3 point, at about 16 years old. Since then it has been in the safe.

That one never had a rib on it Scotty?

It may have Nathan, I have no idea. I'd have to ask Bill about it. I believe the rifle was his father's.

I hear you all about the Remington's.. I try to keep them out of the safe but I think Bill likes to see me couple of them around.. If this thing keeps shooting like this, it'll stay, it's kind of a neat little rifle.

Gerry, I think the 180 TTSX should be fine. I just wanted to try something smaller than I usually would from my Whelen or Newton since the box is so short. There are a couple of others I would try as well like a 200 Partition or BSB is they made it though.... I would think the 180 should open up fairly wide. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it out in some water jugs.

I would think it would have screw holes in the top of the barrel for the rib if it was there at one time. Next time I'm over my dads place I'll dig my 350 out of my other safe and take pictures of it.

Cool, I know they were supposed to have holes but these appear that it may have been plugged professionally at some point as the barrel is clean. No complaints though, it shoots as is..

Looking forward to the pictures..

I wonder how the Sierra or PT 225 would fit in this rifle? 2.8" doesn't give much wiggle room..

The Sierra's are 1.155" long and the ojive is .605. The boattail is .115 and the neck length is .388 on a 350 so at 2.72" OAL the bearing surface would be about .100" below the neck. That's not bad and you wouldn't give up much powder capacity plus you can push it a little longer then that and be fine I'm sure.

A couple of buddies I built 358STA's for shot quite a few animals here, New Zealand, and in Africa using the 225 Sierra with good success. One of them shot a poor man's cape buffalo (black wildebeest), a couple kudu, impala, blesbok, gemsbok, red stag, plus elk and deer her in the US. He was in his late 60's and got more excited than most kids so his shot placement wasn't the best all the time but it was fun to watch and except for one kudu, that they found the day after we left and the black wildebeest which took 4 shots to kill, all of them died pretty quickly.

Back