mailorder primers

what do u mean getting rediculous primers are actually beginning to show up occaisionally 6 months ago it was getting rediculous and 3 months ago it was rediculous I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel

We are seeing primers and powder showing up on shelves here in western Canada. If we are seeing these supplies, I am quite certain that they are beginning to show up in the States. There may be a residual press to stock up by those who were shut out of the buying process during the past year, but the supplies appear to be flowing again.

We are getting powder of some types and bullets are starting to hit here in Vancouver, Wa and Portland, Or. No primers as of yet, but things are moving in the right direction.

No primers in the sunny state of Georgia.You can order in most powder,some bullets and some brass.No .308 Winchester brass anywhere.

I got some today by ups from a place in Pennsylvania called TnT reloading.41.00 for a 1000 federal 215m,36.50 to have them shipped to Orygun.I placed the order about 3 weeks ago.
Its all good! :grin: :grin: :grin:

41.00 for a 1000 federal 215m,36.50 to have them shipped

Wow! $77.50 for a thousand primers! That is more than Gun Broker and certainly more than we pay here in Canada. Nevertheless, the fact that these are Federal GM215s is a positive sign.

I finally got 500 Fed 215M primers last Friday. It isn't the brick I wanted but at least I can work up my hunting load and have enough to play with

I think that is much better than the idiocy going on at Gun Broker when you factor in the HazMat and shipping charges. You are going to get hosed when buying primers and powder online usless you order enough to diffuse the HazMat fee regardless of where you order them. The base prices folks are paying at Gun Broker are absurd.

I always order several thousand primers and several pounds of powder at the same time.

nitis":1m2xbgad said:
what do u mean getting rediculous primers are actually beginning to show up occaisionally 6 months ago it was getting rediculous and 3 months ago it was rediculous I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel

i dont know where your getting your stuff,, but where im at there are no sighns of primers except shotgun and 209 for muzzel loaders,, out of two stores here they have none and dont know when they will have them,and i was in both today,, ive also checked cabelas and such and im not finding them there either :?

Primers can NOT be found in western NC. They are as scarce a chickens teeth. Talking to the guy at the local shop this morning he said they had received only 7,000 primers TOTAL, that is ALL brands, and ALLl types, since Chirstmas.

I was at a local shop last week and asked if they had any and they had several different brands of pistol primers and some cci small rifle magnum and large rifle

Be patient, I think the craziness is settling down and you will be seeing primers staring to show up.

I think most of the hoarders have enough for their usage for the rest of their lives. Prices should come down too. I just bought a brick of large rifle and magnum primers, $28.99 each.

JD338

Back