Meopta scopes

VKK

Beginner
Oct 12, 2010
Do you have any experiences of Meopta scopes? I have 2 older of them with steel tube, Artemis 2100 7x50 and Artemis 2000 3-9x42, i'm very satisfied of them, even in very low light conditions, in dark could say.
Last week I tested a new Meopro series 3-9x42 and it seem's very nice. 1"aluminium tube, image was very good from edge to edge, and it weight only 16oz. I would say better than Conquest.
http://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/cata. ... 1=2&nav2=4

The Czech made Meopta is a fine scope. The value lies in the fact that it is not as well known and for much of its history was manufactured behind the iron curtain. The scopes that I have handled compare very favorably with Kahles and Zeiss. My only hesitation in putting one on a rifle was warranty, which is an unknown for me. Things happen and require attention. Nevertheless, the manufacturer does provide a lifetime warranty, which is transferable. If the right one were available when I was purchasing a new scope, I would give it serious consideration.

I can't comment on the Meopta scopes but I have a pair of the Meopta Meostar 10x42 binoculars. I did a side by side comparison with Swaro and the Meopta glass was brighter to my eye and quite a bit less money too.

JD338

Just bought a pair of Meopta binos for my son. They seem as clear and bright as my Leica's. Great optics for the money!

I have a 4 x on my AR wonderful little scope, crystal clear with a tiny dot were the duplex cross hairs meet. It came with my wife's 7mm 08 in a Win compact. Sports and Western was having a great deal on Meopta scopes so that was what we went with. Since then my wife moved up to a Nikon 3 x 9 so she could pick out horns at longer ranges but for clarity that little Meopta is hard to beat. Perfact match for the AR and taking out coyotes that are on the move.

They have nice glass for sure. Usually European optics are first class.

Back