Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

257 Ackley

Handloader
Nov 25, 2008
Hi everyone -
Been a while since I posted on the site. Hope everyone is enjoying some time with their families and celebrating the true meaning of the season...

Thought I would throw up a few pictures of the rifles that will be used for F-class competitions this next year. Both were built this fall, with me being involved in most of the builds.

First is a 6BRAI, which is the standard 6BR case blown out to a 40 degree shoulder and the taper taken out of the case. Action is RBLP Haverkamp LV40, Bartlein 30" straight taper 5R 8 twist barrel. Stock is a Precision Rifle& Tool lowboy. Stock was finished with 8 coats of clear after I put in the medallions. This was the unit I spent my time with in the Marine Corps.

The other is a 6.5X47 Lapua built on a Lawton action RBRP screwed on a Bartlein 30" heavy palma contour, 5R 8 twist. Stock is made from a exotic wood called Lacewood that I glued up and had done locally in Mpls by a guy who makes stocks for a lot of bench rest shooters. The gunsmith who does all my chambering inletted the action and built the adjustable buttplate. I did the rest of the finish work. Both rifles have Jewell BR triggers set at 2oz.

Very nice, looking forward to seeing some one-hole group targets from those builds.

And Merry Christmas!

Kodiak":2kny5ed6 said:
Very nice, looking forward to seeing some one-hole group targets from those builds.

And Merry Christmas!

The 6BRAI load is pretty well finalized. This target was shot at 100 (5 shots), and than taken to 300 for verification. 300 yard group was under a half inch.

Joel,

Good to see you here. Beautiful rifles. They should score you many points next year in F Class.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

JD338

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year you old GOAT! Hope your doing well and man, those rifles look cool as heck!!!

Give me a ring when you want. Scotty

Fine looking rifles, Joel. They are delivering the goods for you. Trust you enjoy a truly Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Merry Christmas and a happy New year to you and your family Joel! Glad to see that you are still around and pulling the trigger. Those are some pretty rifles. Really, Really nice and they shoot well, as do you.

Please see the picture below- its that 243 you helped me with. IT shoots better than I do :) . Group on the left is almost a cloverleaf. Thanks! and again, blessings to you and yours. CL

Joel those are two Sweet rifles and they are truly tack drivers. I hope you and yours have had a very Merry Christmas. May the New Year be Healthy and Prosperous!!
Glad to see that you are posting again (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks Dan; same to you and your family. I'm sitting around with too much time on my hands after Christmas. It's too cold and snowy to be at the range doing load work, so I became a keyboard commando today :shock: .

Load work is just getting started with the 6.5X47. I've only shot H4350 with a few rounds so far, but will be testing 4451 to see if there is anything that works. 4350 is not temp sensitive from the little I have used, but one of the selling points of 4451 is not being temp sensitive.

This will be my 1000 yard rifle in 2016 using the 140 grain hybrids. Once the meplates are trimmed and pointed the BC will not be that far off of the 180 grain hybrid that a lot of f-class guys are using in the .284 chamberings. The reamer used has a specific freebore for that bullet and my gunsmith has used it to win quite a few bench rest matches in the light gun division.

Back