MI Bow Hunt

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
I have been chasing a couple of nice bucks behind my house. I shot this 8 pt this morning at 31 yds as he was tending his scrapes. Mathews MQ1, Carbon Express with a Muzzy 100 gr 3 blade broad head. Double lung shot,, he went 40 yds.
8PtBow110108a.jpg

8PtBow110108f.jpg

JD338

Congrats to you !! That's a beautiful looking buck :wink:

I think the Muzzy's are the Nosler's of the archery world... I shoot the same broadhead..... change the blades and take another one with it next year ?

Powerstroke":asq5h1l0 said:
Congrats to you !! That's a beautiful looking buck :wink:

I think the Muzzy's are the Nosler's of the archery world... I shoot the same broadhead..... change the blades and take another one with it next year ?

Thanks Powerstroke.

I agree, Muzzy's rock. Its like reloading for archery. :wink:

JD338

Hey JD congrats :!: That 2nd pic really shows a lot of the buck's charactor. Nice leaf camo on the exit wound :lol: . Say are you sure he wasn't bellying up to the bar (birdbath) in your back yard :) Looks like a good place to pick up a doe or two....... :lol:
Long

Nice! Nice big Buck and a unique lookin RacK. I can almost smell him on the grill....What time is supper!?!? CL

Nice buck, Jim. I'm jealous. It was a perfect day to hunt today, and all I did was work around the house! Seriously, congrats!

Very nice FAT deer, here in Northern Mexico the season opens Nov21, and the deer now are moving. Seems a very nice season, except for the exchange rate for US currency :evil:
Thinking seriously about bowhunting, seems more intersting than using ur .280AI.
Congrats for a nice start.
j

Back