Micron Lubricants

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
While at Camp Perry shooting in the Pistol National Championships several years ago an AMU pistol smith gave me a very small bottle of Microlon Products assembly grease that they used on the sears in their target pistols with instructions to use it sparingly on the sear of my Hammerli 208 .22 target pistol saying it would improve the trigger pull.
I helped an all ready good trigger to be better and I could actually feel the difference.
I have used it on my sears every since.
That little bottle is just about empty so I decided to see if I could buy some Microlon products but as usual the shipping was twice the cost of the product so I went looking for dealers on line and found Amazon sold it so I ordered some.
Microlon makes all types of lubricants and they have what they call gun juice which is a liquid that dries and leaves a film on the surface that doesn't collect dirt can be used as a cleaner and they claim it increases velocity and consistence when you coat the bore of any gun with it.
I don't know for sure if it will or not but the part that caught my eye was that it dried leaving a film that didn't collect dirt or dust which would make it a perfect cold weather lubricant for bolt action rifles in extreme cold weather.
I bought three of their products to use and here are some pictures of them.
Sorry about the crummy Cell phone pictures.

Attachments

• KIMG0935.jpeg
    KIMG0935.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 3
  • KIMG0933 (1).jpeg
    KIMG0933 (1).jpeg
    318.4 KB · Views: 3
  • KIMG0934.jpeg
    KIMG0934.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 3
Interesting, let us know how they work. I have been interested in dry lube types for some time, they seem like they could solve a lot of common problems, but am not familiar with very many.

This is my first time with the Microlon dry lube but if it works as good as the assembly grease it will be a win win product.

I have been using "Eezox" for years. It touts the same dry film lubrication. In my experience that works. I would say that in my unscientific testing, it is a way better rust preventative than CLP. Hoppes, or car wax. Let us know how it works out. CL

Back