Minox 2x10

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Just wanted to give you all an update on the 2x10 Minox. I put one on my 338WM and rezeroed it last weekend. Overall, very impressed with the optics. Excellent eye relief, clear and easily adjusted. The turrets clicks positively and go where they are expected. I have the BDC model and zeroed the 338WM with 250gr PT's at 200 and then shook it out a little 300. With a few clicks it was hitting spot on. Love the field of view when set at 2X and the extra magnification when set at 10X for the 300 yard and further targets. It is a crystal clear scope. I can say I will be getting more as time goes on. Pretty sure a 3x15 will find its way on the 7WSM and 264WM's in the future. Can't beat them in my eyes for the price or quality you get. Scotty

Scotty,

Sounds like a great scope. The 2-10 power range covers the 338 Win Mag perfectly.

JD338

FOTIS":3ff5v1g9 said:
I gotta look through one of these.

I think you'll like it. They are a good secret right now for Schott glass for a good price. Scotty

My only problem with Minox is on the 3-15x, in order to get an AO, you need to get the 50mm objective, and I HATE 50mm objective lenses. Love my 3-9x.

Yes I have not heard a lot about the Minox other than here on the forum. I look forward to gettting a chance to look through one. I am really looking at changing all my Bushnell Elites. :(

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":2mhdwpmn said:
Yes I have not heard a lot about the Minox other than here on the forum. I look forward to gettting a chance to look through one. I am really looking at changing all my Bushnell Elites. :(

Blessings,
Dan

I did a little research before I jumped in to buy more Minox's. They are actually a fairly older company. They started making camera equipment around WWII and have broadened since then. They have a pretty interesting history. Google them and read up. I thought they were new to the market, but in reality, they have been around for awhile, just recently getting into the sporting market. Scotty

beretzs":g6e6crwh said:
sask boy":g6e6crwh said:

Blessings,
Dan

I did a little research before I jumped in to buy more Minox's. They are actually a fairly older company. They started making camera equipment around WWII and have broadened since then. They have a pretty interesting history. Google them and read up. I thought they were new to the market, but in reality, they have been around for awhile, just recently getting into the sporting market. Scotty

That right there says a lot. They have been around and are expanding into a new market.

I bought a pair of Meopta binoculars and to my eye, they were brighter than the Swarovski's and several hundred dollars less!
I need to look through the Minox.

JD338

I lifted a couple of Minox scopes, including the 2-10, this past Friday. They were just as I remembered. Jim, the Meopta glass is excellent glass and exceptional value, due, no doubt, to the lack of recognition at the present. Minox made a savvy move when they began to assemble their product in the USA.

Scotty - You've now got me wanting to sell my Leup 2.5-8x36! I just need to make sure there are no marks on it so I can put it on the market.

Scott, I don't regret swapping that 2.5x8 for the Minox one bit. Matter of fact, I am very happy with my choice I like them that much. The Field of View at 2X is just awesome and having 10X at the top end is perfect for those bigger bored cartridges. I will have more. Scotty

Scott Spencer":2vopk8w1 said:
Scotty - You've now got me wanting to sell my Leup 2.5-8x36!

Gimme a yell when you do. I seem to be accumulating them faster than I can mount them.

I will be going to Sportsman's warehouse in Loveland Co soon. I hope they have some in stock to look through.

Scotty, Minox made all of the cute little 1/2 frame, 35mm spy cameras that were used by both sides in the Cold War. Plus they have been making opera sized binoculars in Germany since the late 1940's. They are not new on the block and have been making good quality optics for their price rance for at least 60 years.

I used to visit Germany on business every month for about a week and would usually stay over their through a weekend and go shopping all through the early 1990's, after the wall fell and eastern block opened up again for business.

I had alluded to earlier Minox products in other posts but nobody picked up on it.

I now have a 3-9 ZA-3 inbound to replace the Leupold VariX II I am selling.

I'm anxious to get a look at them. For the open-box pricing, and heeding dubyam's advice on another thread that once the "specials" dry up, they'll likely be gone for good......I just couldn't let it pass.

Plus, I see enough guys here who's opinions on optics match what I've seen myself are raving about the Minox. On another forum, a link to a review on Optics Talk (I forget the gentleman's name, but he's well-respected) comparing the Conquest, Meopta MeoPro, and Minox lines, finding them in a virtual three-way tie.

All taken together, for the price, I couldn't let them get away!

Tom,

You are correct. I've handled each of these scopes at various times. I've shied away from the Conquest line in the past year or so as the reticles move from useful to busy in my estimate. The quality of the glass has never been an issue, however; these are excellent scopes. We don't have a Meopta dealer close by, but I've handled several of these scopes, and they were exceptional bargains for the knowledgeable rifleman. Minox does not have to take a back seat to either of these scopes in terms of quality or clarity of the sight picture. Excellent scopes. I do expect the prices to increase significantly, just as happened with Kahles.

DrMike":1cbym2bb said:
Tom,

You are correct. I've handled each of these scopes at various times. I've shied away from the Conquest line in the past year or so as the reticles move from useful to busy in my estimate. The quality of the glass has never been an issue, however; these are excellent scopes. We don't have a Meopta dealer close by, but I've handled several of these scopes, and they were exceptional bargains for the knowledgeable rifleman. Minox does not have to take a back seat to either of these scopes in terms of quality or clarity of the sight picture. Excellent scopes. I do expect the prices to increase significantly, just as happened with Kahles.

Thanks, Mike.

I'm curious to mess with the Minox. I think it'll be right at home on the Bob. I didn't really need a BDC, but figured if I like it, it could go on the 6.5x55 project I'm looking to start this coming spring and I could snag one with a plex if they're still around to go on the Bob.

Might also get a Swaro Z3 for the '06 and move the Conquest to the Bob, too.....ah, the scope games we can play....

I am fast reaching the era in my budgetary limitations where the days of just simply saving up to get what I wanted, are over. However, I heartened to see that there are still optical contenders available that I can afford to buy such as Conquests and Minox scopes, plus some worthy Vortex products. This diminishment of descretionary income is also inexorably accompanied by diminished eye sight and reflexes. Don't cry for me Argentina, I have had a good run but am about to run out slowly as we all do eventually.

Anyhow, no big deal except for being glad that there are still good scopes out there for less than $500. I have also noticed as I get older, that my need for high magnification scopes has (for scopes 9X+) has subsided as well so that makes it easier on my wallet. I can slide into old age and diminished mental capacity as gracefully as I can, and still go to the gun glub and hunt as well.

Dang FedEx!!!!!

They couldn't find my address, or my Minox would be there for me to start inspecting this evening!

Can't wait to see if they have more success tomorrow....

Back