MODEL 70 280 Remington BUILD HAS BEGUN

Sounds like a great plan, David. I know I'll be watching as you progress. It should be a lovely sight to behold.

David I thought you would know by now that JD is a enabler :wink: just kidding Lol. I kept reading his posts regarding the 280AI and then when I called RMR it just blurted to those same specs.
Oh well you could have likely done a lot worse :)!

Blessings,
Dan

What do you mean JD being an enabler. That's like the pot calling the kettle black! :lol: :shock: You all are enablers! :oops:

The rifle is at the gunsmith as we speak and the ball is rolling. Now which one of you guys has a shot out .270 Winchester barrel on a Model 70 and has been thinking about some day putting a new .270 barrel on it but has been putting it off! I will make some lucky .270 owner a screaming deal on by all accounts appears to be a NEW barrel! My gunsmith looked at it and he didn't think it had been shot if at all just a couple of times. Screaming deal guys!! :shock: :mrgreen:

Man. That'd be a heckuva deal. Must be a 30-06 out there that needs a proper barrel!

SJB358":32c4mj75 said:
Man. That'd be a heckuva deal. Must be a 30-06 out there that needs a proper barrel!
Scotty if you were within 30-06 distance I'd, well I'd................... :twisted: And don't get all smart and say I'd have to be pretty darn close or something like that! :grin: One of these days I just know you are going to cave and get a 30-06. Every right minded outdoorsman has at least one 30-06!

Boy this is getting deep, a 30-06 needing a new 270 barrel. Scotty did you get ahold of some bad moon shine when you picked the 348? :lol:

Tsk, tsk, tsk! Shame on you boys bad-mouthin' the '06 by thinking it could be improved with a .277 barrel. Everyone knows it has to be .284 inches. :grin:

DrMike":6j1uh5ul said:
Tsk, tsk, tsk! Shame on you boys bad-mouthin' the '06 by thinking it could be improved with a .277 barrel. Everyone knows it has to be .284 inches. :grin:

Or a .338 one or the other!!

nvbroncrider":1os9n2fq said:
DrMike":1os9n2fq said:

Or a .338 one or the other!!

+1 x2 :mrgreen:

David, Enabler? Really?
All I was trying to do was give you some options. :wink:

Maybe you can grill me an elk steak, one that was taken with your 280 AI. :lol:
BTW, good choice buddy.

JD338

SJB358":uexo73vx said:

That's like telling yer son you had hoped she'd be a he when he brings home his beautiful bride to be. :?

So wrong; 270s are created to be donors! :!:

efw":2m2nv4si said:
SJB358":2m2nv4si said:

That's like telling yer son you had hoped she'd be a he when he brings home his beautiful bride to be. :?

Well said, Eric; well said, indeed. :grin:

Calling us all enablers is likely accurate but I my case I was taught by one of the best :).
My Dad taught me to always listen to your Doctor & follow his advice :mrgreen:!!
PS. I also have great respect for the 30-06 you can make some really great calibres off of it 8)!

Blessings,
Dan

efw":14stumy2 said:
SJB358":14stumy2 said:

Man, here I thought you were a good guy... :lol: :lol:

I just don't understand :shock: if the 06 was all it was meant to be then why are so many calibres made off it :wink:.
Not that a 06 can't do the job there are just so many more that do it a little better :p :p Just kidding guys. LOL

Blessings,
Dan

Dan there are so many different cartridges made off it because it is soooooo good. :roll: :lol:
Actually the 30-06 was probably made off the 9.3X62 since it came out before the 30-06. :shock: :roll: :lol:

Back