Model 70 Discontinued?

Vince

Handloader
May 26, 2012
I was looking on the Winchester website and it looks like the model 70 had been discontinued. [emoji53] [emoji780] [emoji107]

Looks like they are pushing their new XPR. I suspect that's going to hurt their bottom line. Why mess with something that isn't broke?

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I hope that you're right.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

As much as I don't like the idea of the Portuguese production they are still some of the nicest built rifles at the gun shop for their price point. Hope they never go away.

SJB358":3tzhnnva said:
As much as I don't like the idea of the Portuguese production they are still some of the nicest built rifles at the gun shop for their price point. Hope they never go away.

Scotty, I have to agree with you. Bet you never thought that you would here that from me. :lol:

JD338

My recently acquired Win. 70 is marked on the receiver "Made In USA". The barrel is marked " Made In USA assembled in Portugal".

Somebody wiser than I may know what all that means.

I can say this for the finished product, it is smooth as glass, well assembled, cleans as easy an any rifle I own and will group bullets into 1/2 MOA or less out past 400 yds.

Nice rifle,

Back