Modern Gun Crowd

Two guys with AR’s on a public range. They are doing the military thing blowing through clips as fast as they can at a human shaped steel target at 25 yards ish. Bullets are bouncing all over the place so I kindly walk over when they are reloading. I pointed out that their ricochets are going all over the range. The guy tells me to F off and mind my own business. I had barely finished casing my gun when a ricochet came back and loudly penetrated their car.
They stared at me and I at them. I wanted to report that I was going to F off now but instead I just got in my truck and left. Idiots deserve holes in the sides of their cars.
You just can’t fix stupid.

Where I shoot south of of town, it doesn't get dangerous...at least the times I have been there.
It's not stupid (They are good people), but rather ignorance...They are just getting started, and no one has taught or mentored them yet.
I wasn't shooting but spotting for Dan or Glenn...I don't remember right now.
There were 3 guys and they had two 338 Lapua's, and they were having problems.
They had a lot of technology present. Even a nice Kestrel with a weather vane on it.
It was basically worthless, since our shooting area is somewhat enclosed and it is terrible for feeling the wind
Dan or Glenn was shooting either a 22 Creed or a 6 Creed center-grip XP-100. I think it was Glenn with his 22 Creedmoor, shooting 88 ELD-M's.
I ran my guy from 300 yards out to 1K fairly easy, but 1100 and 1200 yards was tougher.
Had some nasty mirage plus wind, but finally got it done.
I asked if they wanted help? They politely declined.
I gave them a wind constant at some point. They gave up trying with one rifle at one point. I don't remember the problem with it.
When we were getting ready to leave, one of the guys came over to us, and congratulated my shooter for out shooting all of them.
He said him and his buds were amazed at what the XP could do.

A lot of guys will accept help if you offer it nicely.
A lot of guys out at Chuck's place are good shooters, so that makes it nice.

Back