Montana P-dog shoot

257 Ackley

Handloader
Nov 25, 2008
Spent last weekend out in Montana with Jeff (USMC89) and a couple guys I shoot F-class with back in Minnesota. We had a great time sending "skippy" on to the next life and enjoying being outdoors in the hills. There was quite an array of rifles, bullets and calibers "tested"!!

Jeff finding the next victim and getting the range:

Hammering with the 6X47 L

Russ shooting the 20 Practical:

The old Ruger #1 in 22BR:

Jeff's 300 Jazz (necked down 338 lapua case) we were shooting at 1100+ yards:

Closeup of the 300 Jazz cartridge:

Beautiful country:

Far mounds were a little over 600 yards:

105 Berger hybrid at 620 yards:

105 at 340 yards:

Swallowing gernades!!

As I always tell guys that haven't done this before...It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on!!

Great photo essay, Joel. It certainly brings back memories of tagging P-dogs down in the Cariboo.

I am almost in tears. Just plain perfect in so many ways!! Good for you guys!!! Not so much for the poodles l am thinking. CL

HOGWILD338-378":3btep4qg said:
I think I have seen those critters in the PI at the BBQ stick stands ? Nice rifles guys! Real nice !

Olongapo city, magsaysay drive phillipines near slims by chance??? That was monkey, and it is delicious! Ha.

Joel, I had a great time with you guys. Nice meeting Russ and George. Good guys and good times. PS. Thanks for the Potatoe and asparagus recipes. I think konni has a small crush on you.

:lol: all pork is red before the meat is cooked I thought! :shock: funny thing is we had not cats or rats up around Clark Field ? Nothing a few San Magoos would not fix I suppose or some fresh Balut :lol:

usmc 89":ut7ituz3 said:
Joel, I had a great time with you guys. Nice meeting Russ and George. Good guys and good times. PS. Thanks for the Potatoe and asparagus recipes. I think konni has a small crush on you.

Russ and George are already talking about next year! George started working on a new bench he could shoot off (he is 82) instead of laying on the ground. The food was just a bonus of getting to hang out with you and your lovely GF. :grin:

Man Joel that is a ton of fun. They sure look a lot bigger than the ones I get to shoot. I got to shoot a bunch the other day went 35/39 with my 22-250 in about an hour and a half. Been shooting a ton of rabbits too. I don't think I should post my pictures as they are much more graphic than those posted here.

What kind if hit percentage do you have?

257 Ackley":3m0zg8x3 said:
usmc 89":3m0zg8x3 said:

Russ and George are already talking about next year! George started working on a new bench he could shoot off (he is 82) instead of laying on the ground. The food was just a bonus of getting to hang out with you and your lovely GF. :grin:
George is an animal for 82, impressed he climbed the hill with us.

Back