My daughter is 7-0!

taylorce1

Handloader
Jun 3, 2007
My daughter informed me on Saturday that her first ever pronghorn makes seven big game animals killed with her .300 Savage in just three years. She killed six Oklahoma white tails with it the last two seasons and a pronghorn this year. Now its is off to see if we can get a her first muzzle loader mule deer next Saturday.

She had it pretty easy Ted Thorn, Graybird, and Snellstrom had already found her this buck when we pulled up to meet them. He was pretty oblivious to anything going on and obviously hadn't seen any hunting pressure yet that opening morning. We were able to get in front of him for a 150 yard chip shot my daughter took off of shooting sticks. My daughter's hunt for pronghorn was over less than an hour and a half after we left the house that morning.

20161001_080657.jpg

Ted, Snell, and Gray are going to try and help me make her 8-0 on big game with her .300 Savage when I take her up to chase cow elk this third season. She'll be looking at 11-0 if the Oklahoma deer hunt and her elk hunt goes as she plans.

One thing this pronghorn hunt has taught me is since I shattered my leg, I can't move as fast as I'd like to get into position on animals. I'm going to have to work a lot smarter to get on game for both my daughter and myself. I'm just blessed to have good friends in Ted, Gray, and Snell to help me and my daughter out. However, she's only 13 and I have a feeling in a few years I won't be able to keep up with her and I'll just be a pack mule to help her get her animals back to camp.

To your daughter : Congratulations and I am wishing you the best of luck on your first mule deer/muzzleloading hunt. I join your dad and others in hoping you are successful on your muzzleloading hunt, your elk hunt and in reaching 11-0 by the end of the season. You go girl!

I am sure you have already thanked your dad many times but your success reminds me once again that I owe my dad a tremendous amount of thanks for teaching me, supporting me and of course for paying the bills that allows me to hunt and fish. I know I don't tell him often enough how much I love him and appreciate what he has done for me.

Best of luck, Brooke

Wonderful! Someone knows how to set up for a great photograph as well. Animal is clean and well positioned, light from a good direction, and a beautiful hunter. That picture says it all!
EE2

Excellent, congratulations to the both of you!!!
What load(s) is you daughter using in the big 300? :)

JD338

JD338":85efhs2s said:
Excellent, congratulations to the both of you!!!
What load(s) is you daughter using in the big 300? :)

JD338

It's 125 grain NBT Double Tap ammunition, it averages 3020 fps across my Chrony. I picked up three boxes at a pawn shop for $19.95 shortly after I got her the "big .300". It shot so well in her rifle I never worked up a load for it yet. Three years later she is down to seven rounds. However, I'm going to try some 125 grain Accubonds, GMX and 130 grain TTSX pushed by H4895 for her cow elk load.

That's great! Hope y'all have a great rest of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations to the huntress. She is the girl! Excellent photography.

Back