My Peashooter

dragger201

Beginner
Feb 12, 2012
It's a Howa M-1500 Sporter, .270 Win., 22" bbl., with a Nikko Sterling 3x9 scope. Nothing fancy, but shoots true.

Attachments

• Howa1500.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 594
DrMike":30muuanp said:
And that is what matters. The Howa can be a very accurate rifle.

Yeah, I had never heard of "Howa" until I got this. It just kinda blew my socks off when I first shot it. Of course, after that I did some research and my surprise kinda went out the door.

Yeah, but I bet you have heard of a Weatherby Vanguard!

I have two, and Vanguard .223 and a Howa in SS chambered for 7 WSM. Here's the WSM:
DSC_6111.jpg

Looks like it can take a licking in the woods!~

FOTIS":1g0oxius said:

It has and it will again in the future. One of the things I "discovered" here in MS is swamp hunting. Not quite like LA swamps but heavy ground cover and lots of wet. I've always preferred stalking and I find swamps just adorable. But I'm weird and anyone who's known me very long(5mins) know this about me...........

dragger201":16a37bmt said:
FOTIS":16a37bmt said:

It has and it will again in the future. One of the things I "discovered" here in MS is swamp hunting. Not quite like LA swamps but heavy ground cover and lots of wet. I've always preferred stalking and I find swamps just adorable. But I'm weird and anyone who's known me very long(5mins) know this about me...........

I'm a cedar swamp kind of guy. :mrgreen:

JD338

JD338":fb8t3y5n said:
I'm a cedar swamp kind of guy. :mrgreen:

JD338

Ah, a kindred spirit. I got my taste for it in my early 20's hunting in SE Alaska. Loved working the areas around a muskegg..........

Kurt when youre back up here in God's country one of these days we gotta go shoot that 7mm WSM...I have never fired one. Hear they are nice! And that 300 H+H of yours....

But to the topic at hand...I have shot a few of the various Howas and Weatherby Vanguards and they are all decent shooters. The stocks seem to be well designed also as a friends Vanguard 338 Win Magnum kicks less than a 300 Win Mag Model 70 I used to own.

And like I said...gotta love those 270's. :mrgreen:

You're on, Dale. I keep hearing rumors that the job I'm on is starting to wind down, then the boss finds new tasks for us. I like the money coming in, but it sure would be nice to be home long enough to be able to head over to central Oregon to visit some old friends, some new friends, and to drop a buttload of money at SPS. Not to mention try to whack a couple of 'yotes.

dragger201":3u5owzc3 said:
It's a Howa M-1500 Sporter, .270 Win., 22" bbl., with a Nikko Sterling 3x9 scope. Nothing fancy, but shoots true.

Nice set up. I handled a new Howa/Weatherby the other day a can't believe the improvment to the trigger over the older Howa's.

noslerfan":1m1ux8y8 said:
Nice set up. I handled a new Howa/Weatherby the other day a can't believe the improvment to the trigger over the older Howa's.

Yeah, as I mentioned on another thread, I found this site by accident while looking for info on adjusting my trigger. IF(ain't that a big word) I have some info to go by, I feel confident to do it.

Back