My pronghorn....well everybody else was....

cloverleaf

Handloader
Sep 10, 2006
Well, I am back from one of the most fantastic hunting experiences of my life. I cant say it was a marvelous stalk or a 400 yard shot but I was fortunate enough to hunt with some of the best people anywhere. I was a guest of "helluva hunt" in Douglas Wyoming. special thanks to Marv, Mike, Jason, Teri and Paul. You guys were incredible! and they put me on to the beautiful goat you see below.

PRONGHORN064.jpg

264 yards, 100 Gr. BT out of a 250-3000 savage. Outstanding time, Thanks again!!!

Almost forgot- the horns measured 16 1/2 and were 6 inches around the base.

Update: Nov. 2007. Here is a link to the pics of the buck once he was back from the taxidermist. Again, my thanks to all. CL

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k133/ ... tclose.jpg[/img]

You cant see it in the photo, but there is about 1/4 of an inch of horn missing on the short side or the tips would cross over the middle of his head! No ivory tips, but so close to perfect and I couldnt ask for anything better. CL

cloverleaf,

Beautiful goat!
Congratulations on your hunt.

JD338

Congratulations Cloverleaf!
Nice speed goat.... :wink:

good for you Cloverleaf, thats a prince of a goat . Kinda jealous, mostly happy for you, gotta love those 100 gr bt's

:grin: OUTSTANDING! :grin:

Sounds like that was one fine hunt indeed. Nice rifle & loads, great pronghorn! Congratulations, a 260+ yard shot is something to be proud of. I've got to hunt pronghorn someday... Guy

CL,

Try repostiing your pic, I can't bring up the link.

JD338

CL - the mount looks great!

Your entire post is inspiring. Congrats, and thanks for posting!

Guy

CL,

Awesome mount! He will look very nice on the wall for sure.

JD338

Back